DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Does anyone know a good internet site where i can find out how much horsepower i have in my stock engine. If not i would like to find out how much horsepower does a 3.8 mustang engine have, the 4.0 mustang engine, the 4.6 mustang engine have, the dodge 4.7 and 5.9 V8!

Thanks in advance everyone.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Dodge 4.7 was rated factory 235hp, 290tq IIRC, 5.9 was rated 245hp and 335tq (which Hypertec dyno tested getting 201hp and 292tq at the wheels, about right after drivetrain losses), the 3.8 Ford was 145hp from '94-'98 and 190hp/232tq from '99-04. Ford 4.6 was 215hp from '96-98, 260hp/302tq from '99-04, 300hp starting in '05; the Cobra Mustang specs are higher, though. You can get dyno charts for most of these from Hypertec, beware their figures are at the wheels not the engine so those numbers will be lower than the advertised figures for these motors.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
He's a genius. ;)

Seriously though, I think he's been searching for a decent means of adding horsepower using the quick reflashing technique. :cool:

Any other questions you might have? :)

:gr_patrio

·
Registered
270 Posts
02Durango! said:
thanks alot i didnt think i would get any feedback

how did u no all that?
Just been hanging around cars for too long :D

·
PAID OFF!
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hemi Pete said:
He's a genius. ;)

Seriously though, I think he's been searching for a decent means of adding horsepower using the quick reflashing technique. :cool:

Any other questions you might have? :)

:gr_patrio
yeah is it true if you put a FIPK k&n will ur mpg increase 2 mpgs??? i heard that it will do that but it wont add any hp

·
Registered
216 Posts
it will probably add a few hp. like 5-10, and you MIGHT see 1 mpg. better, but for $200+ you can find better mods.

·
Registered
51 Posts
whats the horsepower for a 1987 318 with carburation and what performance upgrades would you recommend to get some horsepower out of a 318

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.