DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I live on a long dirt road with plenty of deep puddles in it (up to 8-10 inches deep). I don't go that fast through them, but it's a 5 mile road, so I go about 15, and slower through the deeper ones.

Anyway, last year I hit one that was deeper than I thought too fast, and I think my horn filled with water (it lost its two-toned sound, more like a small car horn). Anyway, the dealer replaced it yesterday under warranty. On my way home, hit another puddle, and now my horn sounds muffled again :VHOT: . It still works, its just annoying that it's not as loud as it could be.

Any suggestions? I'm sure I could get it replaced again, but is there something I can do to make it last more than one ride home?

Tyler

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
get a lift kit and some big mud tires... or you can try to somehow block off the horn from getting water by adding some kind of plate near the opening to block it .

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
When you look under your truck, there are actually two horns. Sounds like you might have some wiring messed up going to one of them.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
just get a 158DB Firetruck horn like me or a train horn those stock horns r too whimpy 4 our trucks ;)

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know there are two horns, I think my problem is that one of them gets wet, so I get left with a 1 1/2 tone horn (one beeps fine, the other not so good). It worked on the way home from the dealer, until I hit the puddle. Then it got bad again.

·
2,277 Posts
tyler711 said:
I know there are two horns, I think my problem is that one of them gets wet, so I get left with a 1 1/2 tone horn (one beeps fine, the other not so good). It worked on the way home from the dealer, until I hit the puddle. Then it got bad again.
Just tryin to help man.

·
2,277 Posts
Theyre on the drivers side. I can get to them pretty easy from under the truck. Theyre about the size of a baseball. If i remeber right, I think one aims forward and the other aims down. You could aim both towards the rear of the truck, or to a different location all together.

·
Registered
9,232 Posts
get some air horns

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Like said, they are located on the left front fender.

Just remount the opeinings to point up/rearward or place some sort of baffle in front of them to stop the water from getting in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Each horn has only one nut on the back holding it to the bracket. You can loosen the nut and turn however needed or you could buy some black rubber door mat material from Home Depot and make a small shield buy connecting it from the plastic wheel well to where the fender mounts using zip ties pop rivets screws etc etc or just use a bunch of DUCT TAPE :rck:

·
Mopar Or No Car!
1,786 Posts
kenihemi said:
Like said, they are located on the left front fender.

Just remount the opeinings to point up/rearward or place some sort of baffle in front of them to stop the water from getting in.
Like he said-just relocate them outta harms way-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.