DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been unable to really find a place to ask about this and I don't know much about it since I'm a Chevy guy.

My dad recently bought a farm for deer hunting in Bolivar, MO and there is a 1957 Dodge D100 sitting by the house. Through some research I found out that this specific body style was only done for one year(I think).

Since it could be rare I would rather send it to a good home than part it out and send the rest to a junkyard. I have been offered some rather absurd numbers for specific parts, just doesn't seem right to part out what I think is a near complete classic truck.

Since you are Dodge guys I was wondering if you guys might know any people who either specialize in these trucks or someone who would want to buy it.

Here is the link to some pictures.
imgur.com/a/vreBH

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
675 Posts
If there is severe rust then I wouldn't worry too much about parting it out. If someone does buy it, it is likely they want it for a parts truck for their own project or they intend to part it out themselves for profit.

I agree with you that if it is in good condition it would be almost criminal to junk it or tear it apart, but if the body is shot there is no shame in killing this truck so that others may live.

Just my $.02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.