DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where and how do I supply power to LED's that I wish to put in my A/C vents next to my headunit and the cubby hole right under my headunit?

Im going to end up buying pre-wired LED's from http://www.oznium.com/.

Thanks for the help!

·
Country Style
4,927 Posts
I ran a wire from the battery (fused near battery) into the cab for a toggle switch and then to the LED's. I like having them on a toggle so you can leave them on when parked, like I do with the underbody lights and other various lights.

If you dont care about having them on when the truck is not running or switched to acc with the key you can just use tap into the cig lighter wires in the dash.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ditto. I wired a pair into the cubby, and tapped into the cig lighter wires. VERY easy. I think that if I put them in anywhere else (i.e. A/C vents) I'd probably put them on a switch. The cubby lights are out of the way enough that they don't glare, but I bet the vent lights probably would. Let us know and post pics of your Vent install, I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I have two cold cathode tubes, one lighting the cubby and one below it lighting the cup holder. They're both wired into the dash light circuit. I tapped into the power and ground for the HVAC lighting. That way they dim a little with the dash lights.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
find the positive wire that is switched on and off with your head light switch .... on an 05 the color you are looking for is orange with the grey stripe, that will be your power that comes off of the cluster. Then you just need to ground the other side of the LED to chassis and your in business .... one thing I would do is get some connectors where you can take your wires apart so if you have to service that area you can remove the center piece and leave your LED's in the cubby hole ... another thing is use Scotch Locs to connect your wire to the existing orange/grey wire ... makes for an easier install plus no worries about cutting and taping the two wires together

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
yup, I too have my power coming from the light on the HVAC cluster. So when I dim the lights they dim and during the day they arent on until I turn my lights on. Have done this for a while now and Im having no problems.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where exactly can I find this HVAC orange wire with a gray stripe?

·
6,355 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
Where exactly can I find this HVAC orange wire with a gray stripe?
Look on the back of the A/C knob panel when you pull the center dash piece out

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
yelp, remove your dash bezel, and right behind the last knob to your right (passanger side ) you should see a bunch of wires, tap into it and ground is there also.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks guy!

·
6,355 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks guy!
I thought you were selling your truck?

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was up for sale for about 3 months, no one wanted it, so Ima keep it.

I realized it was my baby and I don't want to sell it! But I did cut back a little on mods, not Im just aiming on looks. Hows everything going?

·
6,355 Posts
SiZzOuRcE said:
Was up for sale for about 3 months, no one wanted it, so Ima keep it.

I realized it was my baby and I don't want to sell it! But I did cut back a little on mods, not Im just aiming on looks. Hows everything going?
its going ok for now ;) .... I cant mod my truck since the baby I have very little money left over.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I tied into the ac wiring as well. I have two leds in the cup holders and 2 more in the cubby.

KB

·
Registered
129 Posts
would like tosee the vent lights installed and lit up was thinking of same idea

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.