DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else notice that when drivin at 60 or so + that the hood don't stay attached to the fender?

it could be just that my truck was never put back together right after the wreck:banghead:

but it still shouldn't do it

anyone else ever experienced this?

·
Registered
579 Posts
no following what you mean by the hood staying "attached" to the fender? you mean almost like the hood isnt closed all the way?

·
Registered
579 Posts
um yea that sounds pretty scurry how wide is the gap between the bottom of the grill and the bumper? theres gotta be an adjustment on the hood latch.

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,705 Posts
mine has about a 3/16 gap between the hood and fender, and doesnt hardly move at all. check the gaps around it...you may need to adjust the latch

·
******* Yankee
2,509 Posts
Is the hood bouncing around and the metal is flexing? When they fixed the hood on my wife's PT after she got hit the hood flexed. We found out that the shop used a aftermarket hood and it wasn't as stiff as the OEM hood. I'm sure you did this but double check all the hardware on the latch and grill to make sure it's all tight.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is the hood bouncing around and the metal is flexing? When they fixed the hood on my wife's PT after she got hit the hood flexed. We found out that the shop used a aftermarket hood and it wasn't as stiff as the OEM hood. I'm sure you did this but double check all the hardware on the latch and grill to make sure it's all tight.
yeah i guess it is possible that they put on a cheapo, imma go check all those bolts now

·
Registered
579 Posts
i know its kind of a ghetto way out but if everything is tight and it is really just a cheap hood id consider hood pins jus for alittle piece of mind that your not gonna be on the highway and everything just goes black.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i know its kind of a ghetto way out but if everything is tight and it is really just a cheap hood id consider hood pins jus for alittle piece of mind that your not gonna be on the highway and everything just goes black.
yeah everything is tight

and i figured out somethin that is really sad...

i can make the hood flex just by grabbin it up front and movin it up and down and it would be real bad if it went up:rolleyes:

and i ain't above havin hood pins, if there painted black, they'd look good on the truck:rck:

no do ya know where i can get some:crazy:

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
yea i was gonna say you could just hit up like a autozone but i figured the jegs one might be a better route cause they had some nice black ones on there. good luck man hopefully that steady's ur hood alittle.

·
Registered
579 Posts
btw when you drill the hood tape where your drilling so you dont screw up the paint.

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the info man

but i ain't really worried about f'in up the pain, it's already destroyed from the texas heat and previous owner (my dad) neglect

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,705 Posts
i think some stainless might actually look good...we need a photochop...(sorry i dont know how or have the software

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,705 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
eh just drywall screw it down then

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.