Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have searched some but cant seem to find any info

i have seen in the past where guys will make one for their truck but i dont rem if it was just for gasser models or if the same could be used on diesel (if it would even make a difference)

i am still searching the site thanks in advance for any info

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MikeyB said:
Go over to the www.dieseltruckresource.com and do a search on air boxes. Lot's of info on building one.

MikeyB

looks like u have been on that site awhile can you help me search for something

thee is soooooooooo much stuff there i am going nuts trying to narrow something specific

also thanks

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
What exactly are you looking for?

Mine only cost about $25 to make. A 4" 90 degree drain pipe elbow from Home Depot and a 7" piece of 5.5" aluminum thick wall tubing to replace the stock baffle tube. I mounted the elbow at the bottom of the airbox.
Still running stock airfilters but the next one will be the new Amsoil EaA nano fiber filter (made by Donaldson).

MikeyB

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MikeyB said:
What exactly are you looking for?

Mine only cost about $25 to make. A 4" 90 degree drain pipe elbow from Home Depot and a 7" piece of 5.5" aluminum thick wall tubing to replace the stock baffle tube. I mounted the elbow at the bottom of the airbox.
Still running stock airfilters but the next one will be the new Amsoil EaA nano fiber filter (made by Donaldson).

MikeyB
you got pics and instructions for that setup

·
Diesel User
1,343 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't take pics of the modification. But it's easy to do. I cut a opening at the lowest part of the airbox to fit the elbow into. Needs to be a good tight friction fit. The hole is pretty much centered in relationship to the depression. The elbow opening is pointed towards the front righthand corner of the truck.
I ordered a 12" piece of 5.5" aluminum tubing from here http://store.airflo.com/al5-5.html
and cut to fit for the baffle tube replacement.
With both of these and the silencer ring removed from the turbo it really does sing. :D

MikeyB

·
Registered
62 Posts
just buy the afe torque tube and be done, you can run it to your stock box and i have mine going into bhaf easy add in one solid pc looks good to i think

·
Registered
697 Posts
www.airflowonline.com I used these guys, I bought two 4" 90 degree elbows and 1 foot of 4" diameter aluminum tubing. The products sold at this website are the same parts used for big rigs. They use aluminum tubing and rubber elbows, you can also be creative too, there are almost endless possibilities.

·
MUDDY AFFAIR
947 Posts
Here's mine fela's!

I noticed a slight improvement in throttle responce, and i love the "sucking" sound it makes along with my exhaust.

Attachments

·
MUDDY AFFAIR
947 Posts
sorry guys, didn't realize this was diesel section, if ya like and it helps cool, if not usable, my bad.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
sweetCUMMINS04 said:
just buy the afe torque tube and be done, you can run it to your stock box and i have mine going into bhaf easy add in one solid pc looks good to i think

How exactly does the AFE torque tube help?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Its supposed to be better air flow because it is a one piece smooth tube. Your stock tube has baffles in it(which can be removed) and then you have the accordian looking tube that connects to your air box. The theory is better air flow with no restrictions.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ya they are ok but dont look for any huge power or mpg changes and if you are not going to bump the horsepower a bunch and you are just looking for a cool sound then dont waste yer money on a aftermarket one just make one ( search it here on the site there is many ways of doing it

·
Registered
249 Posts
I made a BHAF by removing the stock air box, and adding some stuff. Bought a Napa filter from fleetfilter.com, and a pre-filter from Outerwears.com. Took a 4" PVC elbow and a piece of 4" pipe and BAM!
Filter minder gone. IAT sensor mounted on the elbow(visible in photograph)
Ran it for about 15,000 miles with no problems. And moved on to the next system. AEM Bruteforce with Dryflow filter. Yeah I know, the Filter minder gets sucked into the yellow all the time. It seems to be the position it's in on the tube that causes this.IMHO
Mike
###

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.