DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
DaBigRed1
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were just at the River and we were looking for a good spot to launch for the day. What appeared to be rocks turned out to be the softest sand I had ever seen. Pulled into it to turn around...and sunk instantly! The truck and trailer were both dug in...Low and behold, another Dodge pulled up and I paid him $50 to pull me out.

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
He said he thought it was rocky and it turned out to be sand....

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
I don't know by the looks of the center picture, it looks more like 1 wheel drive. :D

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
DaBigRed1, what city do you live in?

·
Can you say HEMI
2,627 Posts
Maybe you should invest in a set of paddle tires for the beach :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
What tire pressure were you running? Looks like you're not in that bad, airing down probably would've got you out. But that's exactly why I would never buy a 2wd truck. Without the weight in the back end they seem to get stuck in things they shouldn't. Maybe invest in a selectable locker.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
OOPS! If that had been actuall quick sand like we have here in WV it would have taken more than one Truck to pull you out! Quick sand is more like a non hardened concrete mix. The stuff almost ate my CJ7 one time. Lucky for me I was at the edge of the stuff and got high centered on a hard spot. Still took a large farm tactor and a winch to pull me out.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Gotta love those 2wd jacked up. Your truck looks nice but not very functional though.

·
DaBigRed1
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
DaBigRed1
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MrMischief said:
What tire pressure were you running? Looks like you're not in that bad, airing down probably would've got you out. But that's exactly why I would never buy a 2wd truck. Without the weight in the back end they seem to get stuck in things they shouldn't. Maybe invest in a selectable locker.

i aired down to 8 psi and inside my bed was 4 ice chests full food and drinks plus a bunch of other stuff

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
We got to do a little meet sometime. There are few members outhere in Corona that might be able to come down. We are having one on Nov. 4th in Torrence if you are interested.

·
DaBigRed1
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
krs said:
We got to do a little meet sometime. There are few members outhere in Corona that might be able to come down. We are having one on Nov. 4th in Torrence if you are interested.

keep me up dated i like to go

·
DaBigRed1
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
want_2_be_low said:
Truck looks kickass... -Did the sand/pebbles mess up the finish on your rim at all?

the rims where ok but the paint is another thing :mad:

·
Registered
5,482 Posts

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
I concur, sweeeet truck!

·
OFFICIAL CHEBBY HATER
1,389 Posts
fake 4wd <<real 4wd FTW! nice truck though