DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
don't dodge it ram it
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My StepFather in law has really done it this time. we went to vist my wifes mom and he gets mad at one of his friends goes out to the truck slams his truck in what he believes to be reverse but really he has it in drive and BOOM!
1175 dollars in damages according to the insurance adjuster Now my stepfather in law is mad at me and my wife because we turned it into the insurance company at his request because we asked how we could go about gettin the truck fixed and he replied f*Ck it turn it into insurance he says we should of known he didnt meant that and if we would of waited a couple weeks and let him cool off he could of fixed the truck for 60 dollars. what do you guys think

something i dont understand is he hit the truck a week ago and in one week the truck has started rusting in that area as you can see from the photograph. i am posting this today because i just got the insurance check and the insurance adjustment today. Most body shops are higher than the insurance adjuster said but i have been told they will work off the adjustment.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Gets mad at a friend and damages your truck and now mad at you. Sounds like he is just a very angry person.And I dont think that could have been fixed for 60.00..That what I think

·
Daniel
643 Posts
Thats more than $60 dollars. New rear bumper and replace the bed side, because alot of bodyshops wont take the time to repair the spot.

·
don't dodge it ram it
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually lookin at the date on the pictures it would of been 010409 so that would make that two weeks ago but none the less it hasnt been that long ago because we just got the insurance check and adjustment in today.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
Tell him suck it up cup cake he did the damage and should not expect you to wait to get your truck fixed. Makes no sense to me maybe he needs anger management counselling.

·
Registered
549 Posts
that bumper was shot anyways but there's no way a REAL body shop would fix that for $60. Maybe bubba down the block with a can of bondo, a can of duplicolor and a 6 pack, but no real body shop. Thats such a common Ram bad spot it's not funny. Almost every ram we get in at the salvage yard has the bed corners pushed in just like that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
thats what insurance is for. Not for nothin even if it were to get "fixed" for $60 whos gonna fix the repair in 6 months when in falls to crap again. cant blame you for wanting it fixed right.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
$60 is not gonna fix any of that.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
and how is it that it's rusting already?

·
don't dodge it ram it
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have no idea with in three days of it being hit that whole section started rusting. i dont know if it was because that they have salted the roads ever day for the last two weeks and i drove it on those roads or what.

·
Bridal Veil Falls
3,229 Posts
Salt will definitely cause rapid corrosion, the metal has been protected by paint and other coatings since it was built now all of a sudden it is exposed to the air and all of that salt and boom there goes the blossums of rust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.