Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I need a little help with jetting of a Holley carb.
We just started our ’77 Warlock 360 for the first time yesterday to break in the cam.
YEA it runs!

The new motor has a performer manifold, headers and a ’69 340 cam.
I was hoping that someone has ran a similar motor with a Holley carb that can tell me what would be a good primary jet size to start with.

I have to hold the choke closed most of the way to get the motor to continue to run.
The float level is correct.

The carb is a 4160 Holley 600 CFM vacuum secondary carb and it is running lean.
This carb was on the stock motor with an SP-2P manifold when we got the truck, it didn’t run. I’m thinking it was set really lean for economy

Thanks for all the help
Scott

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone?

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there any Holley users out there?

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm begging now!
HELP

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't think it could be jetted that lean.At idle it should be running on the idle circuit so the jets won't affect it much.I would check for a vac. leak.If that doesn't show anything the carb. is likely stopped up and needs cleaning.

:gr_patrio

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I do plan on rebuilding the carb, I was hoping to get a starting point for the jetting while I have it apart. Do you have a suggestion for starting jet size?
Thanks
Scott

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don't think a 600 will be that far off to start.After you drive it awhile you should be able to tell which way you need to go.With that cam I would get a lower power valve to start with.

·
Love my 66 monaco 500
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I don't know the history of this carb. The truck was not running when we got it.
The motor had an SP-2P manifold on it, so the previous owner did try for max mileage.
I was hoping to get a starting point for the jetting with a much hotter 360.
We are running a 340 cam, performer manifold, headers and flowmasters. I am afraid that the PO jetted the carb lean and it will be too lean with the new hotter motor.
I think this carb will work well once it's dialed in, I just don't want to have problems with the first drive.
Thanks
Scott

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.