DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2002 dodge ram HO cummins about 3 months ago. On my first trip towing my new toyhauler this weekend I had an injector go bad. From what I have been told it burnt a hole in my piston. The truck has 99500 miles on it is this still covered under the cummins waranty? The truck also has a bd power programer on it. Does this void the warranty? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'd have to say that Power Programmer can and probably will void the warranty, since they can very easily say that the Programmer caused the injector to Fail.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Pull it off and hide any evidence it was ever there before you take it to the dealership. I would think that this would be covered under warranty. Just be ready for a fight because ill bet the dealership will try every way they can to deny you.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm not for sure how the BD Power Programmer installs on an '02, but you can bet the first thing the dealership will look for is a cut/pierced injector pump wire. If it is indeed cut and/or pierced, you can most likely piss your warranty away. Does the truck have gauges? Usually extremely high EGT's are an indication of a possible meltdown. Best of luck to you...hope all works out.
Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.