DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you remove the sun glass holder? Just the door not the whole thing. The latch broke and I want to remove the door until I can replace it. It’s hanging down as I drive and driving me nuts!

Attachments

· Registered
22,981 Posts
No idea'r. It seems like these tend to break often. My 02 had the sunglass holder but they stopped it on 03 I believe.

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well snap!

17,103 Posts
I just went and took a look at my console, and I did not see a way to easily get the sunglass holder out of there. You might need to drop the console down and see if there are screws holding it in there from the inside. Good luck finding a replacement.

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's my fear but I'll stop by the dealer in the morning.

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The local Dodge dealer keep the sun glass holder door in stock but they sold the last one earlier today. Oh snap, again. The good news is the door is a stock item and they should get some more by next week. The price is not that big of a deal since it only $35 bucks. I asked about replacement instuctions with the part and they say "No, it's just the door." I just hope I don't have to tear the whole apart just to replace the door.

17,103 Posts
dmcelhannon said:
The local Dodge dealer keep the sun glass holder door in stock but they sold the last one earlier today. Oh snap, again. The good news is the door is a stock item and they should get some more by next week. The price is not that big of a deal since it only $35 bucks. I asked about replacement instuctions with the part and they say "No, it's just the door." I just hope I don't have to tear the whole apart just to replace the door.
You will have to take the console down to replace the door. Once you get the console down, you will see how to replace the sunglass door.

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JeffB2002 said:
You will have to take the console down to replace the door. Once you get the console down, you will see how to replace the sunglass door.
Well, I don't get it. The dealer says no you don't; the next person says it's a little work but you'll have work it in-and-out; then you tell me, I'll have to put the whole console down to replace to replace the door.

I wish I could find the R&R write-up online.

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess I've go into the R&R blind. It won't be the first time I had to work on something and not have clue what's behide door number one or two or three or ...

Thanks for the help JeffB2002. I'll keep you up to date. Maybe this would be a good "How To" project?

· Registered
22,981 Posts
It actually would be nice. Lots of guys have had that piece bust. Can you also post the part #. I have heard guys say the dealer told them they had to buy a whole new console, couldn't buy just the door.

KB

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
As soon as the local Dodge dealer has one in stock and I have one in my hands, I'll post the part number. And the more I think of it, I believe I will do a small "How To" write-up on the R&R of the door.

17,103 Posts
I don't know if you have ever pulled the console down, but there are two torx screws in the corners where the sunglass holder door is. Once those screws are pulled out, then a good pull straight down pulls the console down. Then all you have to do is dosconnect the wiring and that's it. I might have some time today to take it down and take a look for you to see what it will take to replace the door. No promises though.

· Premium Member
31,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking thru the manual, I found a picture showing the replacement of the lights on the console. I saw screws under the plastic in that picture as well. I’ll bet there everywhere inside the console in an effort to stop rattles and squeaks. I’ll just have to be sure and have a small bucket and my screw driver is fully changed!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.