DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be towing our flagstaff vlite trailer with or new 2014 2500 4x4 ram. This truck sits higher than anything I've ever owned, so I'll need a longer shank for sure.
The hitch on the trailer sits below the the main frame rails which is going to make it worse, I think.

Anyone using a similar combination that can suggest the proper shank length? Any suggestions on brand or best place to buy one....need a good strong shank.....thanks
:surprise:surprise:surprise

·
Registered
275 Posts
You will need to measure the height of the coupler on the trailer from the ground when setting level. Then measure from the top of your receiver on the truck to the ground. Subtract the difference and this will get you in the ball park depending on the ball mount. A little fine tuning on the final height adjustment on the shank and you should be good to go.

If you’re running a weight distribution hitch (which you should be) the hitch companies offers different length shanks. I use the equalizer brand and they offer up to an 18 inch drop.

·
That guy
3,097 Posts
Reindeer hit the nail on the head, use a WD hitch and there should be enough adjustment to keep the trailer level.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.