DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was having some problems with my ETC light coming on but no codes thrown. While I was at the dealer I had them flash my PCM with the latest update. I couldnt believe the difference. Truck pulls and shifts way better. I pulled a 20' trailer from Boston to LA and the tranny seemed to constantly search for the right gear. I pulled the trailer this past weekend about 800 MI up some pretty steep grades in southern california and it shifted way better. No more searching. Glendale Dodge charged me $170 for the flash. Thought they had to do it for free due to my problems towing but they wouldnt budge. Still worth the $$$. Oh and my ETC light hasnt come on since! Get er Done!!!

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
earlier in the year, i had some problems with my truck, they had to replace the TB and map sensor, and the ETC light was on, and check engine..anyways, they fixed it all, and i think they reflashed it when they recalibrated my speedo, and it does run and perform alot better than it did, im very happy.

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
I would have paid with a check, then cancelled it, and challenged them in court if they pursued it.
I'd be damned if I would pay for a factory update flash.
L.

·
Registered
98 Posts
highdollar said:
I would have paid with a check, then cancelled it, and challenged them in court if they pursued it.
L.
HAHAH I like this approach

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
highdollar said:
L.

Ill have to remeber that one! :D

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Not all dealerships take checks exactly for that reason. There is so much fraud involved in checks, I'm surprised anybody even takes them over the counter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
highdollar said:
L.

In most states Knowingly writing a check that you have no intent on honoring is check fraud and a good way to get you thrown in the slammer.

(No im not a lawyer, but I did stay in a holiday inn express)

·
HC-Racing,LLC
1,841 Posts
Like I said, it would go to court, before a judge.
I really dont think they would want to go there...
The point I am making is, it was wrong for them to charge for a factory update while the vehicle was under warranty.
So if anyone has been fraudulent it was the dealership "sticking to their guns" about charging for an actually FREE update.
Dont be so critical everyone.
But you should all know that at some point with dealerships, you are up against a brick wall when you try to get them to do the right thing.
Car dealers were alot nicer back in the day when you could kick someones ass and not get thrown in jail for it..
Thats the problem now days.
No one has toted a good ass whoopin' lately...
L.

·
Relentless
1,859 Posts
Will this flash work for the 06 PCM?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.