DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wind was really bad here last night and blew a portable carport over hitting my truck with one of the legs and left a couple of deep (to the metal) scratches. Anyone with bodyshop experience have any suggestions on how to repair without repainting whole side of bed?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wow Mountain, I am sorry to hear that! Where are the scratches located?? Do you have pictures??? If there are in a spot near the bottom, you might be able to get away with touching them up and scuffing them up with rubbing compound....then follow with a few liberal coats of wax to shine it back up...

Another product I head about was from Mother's called Touch-up paint leveler...it levels touch-up paint applications applied to deep scratches to achieve that smooth, level look...check for it in your local Pep Boys or auto parts store...

2Hottie

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The scratches are at the back of bed on left side near the rail. One is vertical and one horizontal. (?) No I am to sick about it to take pictures and I think I will just touch them up so they won't start rust and then repaint in spring. Winters are pretty hard on the paint around here so I figure that it would be a waste to repaint now and may have whole truck repainted in spring. I'll try the Mothers stuff and sure thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I know what you mean about the winters, it's the same here in PA...and if what they are saying is true, we may be in for a brutal winter...waiting till spring is probably your best bet, its just a shame that this had to happen...

2Hottie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.