DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this is nothing, but I want to make sure that it isn't telling me something is going out. It is colder then whatever up here in Minnesota this week and I noticed something about my voltage guage. Normally it rides right about in the middle of the scale, but recently is moves up to about half way through the upper half. It's not at the upper limit or outside of the normal range, just different then I am used to. Has anyone experienced this type of change or is it just because it's about -20......

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Mine has run about 3 needle widths to the right of center since new. Have it checked anyway so it dont fry anything. Autozone should do it for free.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mine is reading just above normal to, it didnt start till we got down to -7.6F its -22 with wind. I'm sure its the cold weather.

·
Trucks Rule
490 Posts
I noticed this also. It has only done it since it hit around -20 around here. Never does it otherwise so I'm sure its just the cold.

·
15,904 Posts
I just replaced my alternator with the 160A version and my needle is still in the same position while running. Now when the stereo is on the needle just stays there and does not drop. :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
cold here too

It's been running around -7 to +8 degrees for 4 days. My voltage gauge is up to 3/4 way to. Normally its alittle over 1/2!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As usual - DodgeTalk members rule. It appears to be a fairly normal occurance. It has actually warmed up above 0 here and the guage has moved a little south to a more normal position. Nothing makes me think that it is anything other ther the weather.

Thanks for all the thoughts - Rob :rck:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Mine has almost moved back to normal aswell, it got way warmer but still cold.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing with that wicked cold spell here in MN. I'm planning on getting a new battery anyways; she starts real slow without the heater plugged in overnight when it's below 0.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to check the voltage the battery is getting, I think the middle mark is ~14volts, thats how it was on my old grand cherokee.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.