DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just bought a 1991 D350 with the 360 TBI engine. For some reason, when ever I start the truck it right away goes to like 3000+ rpms then dies back down to regular idle speed. I pulled the codes and all I got was code 14: Map sensor voltage too high or too low. Could a bad Map sensor be causing this or is it something else? I then proceeded to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for an hour. I reconnected it, started the truck, and the start up speed was just where it should be but the idle was a little rough. I started it four times in a row and each time it would start at a little higher rpm until it was at where it was before, 3000+ rpms. By this time the idle smoothed out. So what do you all think the problem is or what could be causing this?

Thanks
Lou

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Check the vacuum hose going to the MAP sensor to make sure it isn't split or cracked. This could give you a vacuum leak which would cause a high idle until the idle control unit bring the idle down to normal.

Try unplugging the electrical connector at the MAP sensor as well and see how it idles at first start-up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.