DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... I have a 2005 Quad 4X4 2500.... and was wondering if anyone has heard of having the truck programed to engage high idle for cold weather??

thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yep, take it to the dealer. At the dealer I go to, he did it for free. He even had the new car sales manager come out and see how it works. Sales Mgr. said the he expects all trucks on his lot to have it activated. It is pretty cool. When you start the truck, turn cruise on and idle will jump to about 1100, then it will go up 100 rpm each time you push resume up to a max of 1500. Pretty nifty ... especially when free.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info... question on how the feature is activated?
do you have to turn your cruise on after starting the truck to get it to jump into an high idle mode?? also do you have the phone number to the dealer that performed this programming? I would like to forward the info to my dealer so I can have the same thing done..
thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Start Truck -> While in Park just sitting there, turn cruise on and the RPMs will go up. Your dealer will have the "How-to". It is a normal operational feature.

·
Registered
175 Posts
not sure ... i would expect it to be the same on 3rd gens at least.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I beleive it's on any 3rd Gen auto... the manuals will do it on their own if it's cold enough and running long enough.

Oh, and no, I don't think it's for the gassers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
need dealer phone number?

Ok... thanks for all the input!! I have talked with my dealer...they have stated that they have never done this upgrade... so is there is anyone out there that has a phone number to a dealer that has down this?? I will have my dealer call there tech people to assist on how to do this upgrade...
thanks for any info......

·
Registered
175 Posts
Have them call Allen Samuels in Fort Worth ... 18004724450 ... ask for service, then as for Phil (with a P - the is a Bill ... you have to say P). He is my service writer and can help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
bubba33 said:
it does not work on the 2003.2004 and up on the ctd.
I had it done on my early 2004, and it works just fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
ya thats what i said 2004 and up it works on.It does not work on the 2003!!!!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can also use a Bullydog Downloader to enable this feature. If you have a buddy that has one, just load the stock program into your truck and it will enable the high idle and save a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Can it be activated to manual control with the manual trans.?

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
No it can't

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
SO, before I go out and start diggin around, are the standard Cummins plugs on the side of the engine on these, I have not taken time to really crawl into this thing yet and was just curious if I can hook up the PTO on/off signal on this 5.9L just like on the 5.9L's in the bigger trucks. They are all the ISB, just with different options and programming, so far as I can tell. So, does the same wiring work on these or are there completely different plugs and connections for the ECM?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.