DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have no idea how much power a stock 46RE can handle, or for how long it can stand 500+ hp. What are the best reliable, and economical, upgrades for the 46 behind a 360? Replace certain parts, kits, completely different tranny?

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
my stock trans with a shift kit held a little over 300whp with a 2600 stall converter for 2 years
when i did my rebuild i was making just a little over 400whp on a patc level4 kit.
i did end up getting come codes and pressure issues with my pcm that limited me to pushing the trans to its full potential. under higher hp it didnt seem to shift fast enough and would sometimes redline in 1st even without wheel spin. if the tires broke loose it wanted to bounce off the rev limiter a couple times before it decided to shift. i didnt change line pressure to much as bumping it up would set a check engine light and it wouldnt shift out of first unless i lifted. patc does build some very nice transmissions and im sure with more time and tweaking it could have been made to work properly.
going full manual would bypass those issues completely but if thats the route you wanted to take it would probably be cheaper to build a a518 or 727.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.