DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody . . . Newby here . . . with a problem (of course) . . . 91 D150 V6 231,600 miles . . . new Cat Conv, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, O2 sensor . . . 2 bottles of fuel injector cleaner, 1 bottle of "guaranteed to pass" (didn't) . . . 93 octane gas . . . removed pcv filter . . . lowest reading after that . . . 2.1 . . . need less than 1.2 to pass . . . had been reading in at 3.o and higher . . . after replacing the O2 sensor, it went from 3.4 to 4.2 . . . suggestions anyone?? . . . anyone?? . . . . thanks.

· Registered MOPAR User
9,389 Posts
How long were you running the engine b4 getting it to the smog shop. I had taken my 93 Dak to the shop after is wasn't run for 3 weeks, I barely failed, the smog tech said run it for 20 minutes and come back, I did, I barely passed. Just one thought, their maybe others.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info, but sure nuff . . . had run run it 45 minutes before the test . . . it's failed 6 times so far. . . . not enough receipts and $ spent to get exempted . . . yet . . . tried to run the truck at least 30 minutes befor each test . . .

· Registered
457 Posts
smog tech maybe lookin for some buisness, at least thats what it's like here anyway if a vehicle fails they mysteriously can fix it and goes through fine, but thank god in Ontario that after a vehicle is 20 years old it doesn't need a smog test

· Registered MOPAR User
9,389 Posts
They figured with the salt in winter it would be rusted back to mother earth!
haha

· Registered
457 Posts
yeah, maybe you should try going to another place to get it tested, some of these smog guys are pretty much just thieves

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.