DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 98 Dakota when your runing the head light on low the fog light come on, high beam off. I know this is the way it is supose to be, but not for me,... I dont like it. Does anybody know what I can do to make them stay on high an low beam? Can I just go out an buy a relay or do a little surgery on the wireing. :D Thanks For any,... any help.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
This for a Durango but I presume the setup is the same.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was also wondering how to do this. I've seen posts on this subject over at dodgedakotas.com but never could make heads or tails of any of the posts. A lot of times those posts over there turn in to name calling sissy fights and pretty soon all of the posts become blurred.

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
Yeah my 99 has that same thing it sucks you I am guessing the only way to change it is to put a switch to it.

·
JAFO
191 Posts
All I have is a picture on how to jumper the pins in the fuse box. If you need more info the DOC could help you. That's where I got the picture. I think the Fastman could help you also. Now I just need to figure out how to post it. How do you post pics?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm a police officer in pennsylvania. In most state, if not all, it is illegal to run fog lights along with high beams. That is why it comes from the factory like that. However, you most likely will not get hassled by the police for something minor like that unless they are looking for D.U.I's, then they will use that as probable cause to pull you over. Also, you may have trouble with an inspection station depending on your setup and the person doing the inspecting. I'm not trying to scare you out of doing your modification, just giving you some info. I personally wouldn't hesitate to do it if that is the mod I wanted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.