Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me where to start.
My headlights are not working(HID) but the running lights work?
Is there a fuse for the headlights?and if so wouldnt the running lights not work,too. I see one for the fogs,but they work.

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
34 Posts
you might pull a bulb and look at them, it happened to an old girlfriends car. I looked at it, both bulbs were toast. Unbelievable.

Yours had to work at some point no?

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fuse in good,in the wire harness for the lights,as of this morning they work and I had the Lamp out light on for a few and now its gone....:crazy:

I will check all the grounds

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also,where do you guys ground out the Ballast,mine in on part of the frame thats on the sides of the radiator....should I run them directly to the battery ground..I have had ground problems before with these lights

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
just humor yourself and pull one of the lamp plugs and put a meter on it and see if you're getting 12 volts, and click from low beam to high beam too. Are you sure parking lights and headlights are same fuse?

i feel your pain my man.. :ugh

Ps. I have an '05 i'm about to go out and look at the fuses on it

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm about ready to put the stk ones back in...winter is coming and its getting to cold out for this shit......:bawl:

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
Grounds - I made my own on the core support.

Don't swap 'em out! They are under warranty right? Intermittent problems are fun, but get with your supplier and see what they have to say.

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grounds - I made my own on the core support.

Don't swap 'em out! They are under warranty right? Intermittent problems are fun, but get with your supplier and see what they have to say.
To Late...stk. ones are in.
This is when I use the truck the most and travel north,I can't be stranded without headlights..
Come spring I will mess with them,cause I do love them.
Yes,I have been talking to my supplier,he has been alot of help..Thanks

Fun....seriously....In the cold and snow....I don't think so....:D

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
If you had a lamp out then you likely have a bad ground or some other issue with the resistors...

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you had a lamp out then you likely have a bad ground or some other issue with the resistors...
Thanks..I had both lamps out,then they worked the next morning,but the Lamp out light came on(on the dash),too and stayed on

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
Then there is a resistance issue. Do you have resistors in line with your harness? If not you need some. If you do then I would check the connections and grounds.

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then there is a resistance issue. Do you have resistors in line with your harness? If not you need some. If you do then I would check the connections and grounds.
yes,I have resistors with the harness.
Should I ground the ballast directly to the battery?

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
You shouldn't have to...

Funny thing, I get up this morning and go to warm up the truck... no highs and only one low... guess who else needs to do some troubleshooting!

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
I'm going to be hooking mine up in the next few days and you guys are concerning me :ugh

Can you ground multiple grounds in the same spot? My resistors come in a pair which have 2 grounds for either side, plus the ballast ground

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to be hooking mine up in the next few days and you guys are concerning me :ugh

Can you ground multiple grounds in the same spot? My resistors come in a pair which have 2 grounds for either side, plus the ballast ground
Hmmm,now I'm confussed...;)...my resisters are not grounded,unless its threw the wiring harness that was supplied with the HIDs...buy I had to ground the ballast....sorry..I know nothing about eletrical..:rck::rck::secret2:

On on a side note: I have had them on over a year with little problems.I had a Lamp Out light on once,so I do the ground wire off and scratched up the surface and re installed and everything was fine until now.
Also,I had to replace the IPM not to long ago,but I was told it had nothing to do with the HIDs....

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
The resistors are not grounded, they go from between the pos and neg in the harness.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.