DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went ahead and installed the philpsxenon HID's...now lets see how long they last ...i should have done this a while ago...i love the look ...now i am looking for a fog light set...ive seen cheap ones on ebay for 40 bucks.here is a pic

Attachments

·
NighthawkII
205 Posts
Nice! I just sent them an email to see if they would be able to provide a kit for my projectors.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks ...i hope they can work somthing out with you ...its definatly a great upgrade

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
I actually use a $40 kit from ebay for my headlights. I only use one retailer (tried others with bad results) and one of my kits (previously on my S10, now on my buddy's Silverado) is still going after three years...only one bulb went out that whole time. I'll never pay the outrageous prices some do for HIDs.

·
Low N Slow
4,459 Posts
Very sweet. I remember when i first had mine put in and i was looking for any excuse to drive in the dark lol.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very sweet. I remember when i first had mine put in and i was looking for any excuse to drive in the dark lol.

lol.i hear ya i left somthing at work so i have to tell the wife i have to go back later and get it :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually use a $40 kit from ebay for my headlights. I only use one retailer (tried others with bad results) and one of my kits (previously on my S10, now on my buddy's Silverado) is still going after three years...only one bulb went out that whole time. I'll never pay the outrageous prices some do for HIDs.

i would have but a friend of mine used the $40.00 kit and has bad luck on his head lights so he used them for his fogs..not sure exactly what the problem was so i thought HID's are one of those things you get what you pay for

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have my ballasts installed and wired just need to install the resistors, I'm lazy also want to do eye lids first to try to help with the cut off. one day I'll get to it. Yours look nice.

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
lookin good

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
philipsxenon???? did your ballast look like this? did you order from there website?

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
philipsxenon???? did your ballast look like this? did you order from there website?

yes.. remember when you posted about your HID install...well i was distracted by my son and didnt read the post completly and thought this was the new set of HID's and went ahead and ordered them...well i will see how long these will last and hopfully i will have a better luck with mine then you did.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
see the ballast itself where decent with light output... 3 out of my 4 still are working.... my only problems where they are not exactly plug and play and the power cables are to short ( not much options where to mount ) and by saying that it's hard to keep them from being expoused from the elements and especially here in Wisconsin with winter ( salt ) Where you mount your ballast? see mine are corroding badly... so where ever you can mount them staying out of the elements would be best!!! lets see some more pics... from inside your cab looking out... you have stock headlight assembly using a 9007 bi-xenon?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
if you want fogs check retro-solutions out now... I'm putting my 55 watt slim ballast kit in this week on friday from retro-solutions... I'll post pics of my old philips xenon kit when I pull it out

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
So wait, you guys are buying expensive kits with no luck? I wouldn't lie about it, but I have literally installed about 12 of the $40 kits I have on friends' and family's rides and no one has had problems.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
So wait, you guys are buying expensive kits with no luck? I wouldn't lie about it, but I have literally installed about 12 of the $40 kits I have on friends' and family's rides and no one has had problems.
I had a ballast go out from my phillipsxenon kit... It is under warrenty... I have a new 55 watt kit I'm putting in friday from retro-solutions... and selling my old kit... here is my new kit

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.