DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· MYTYT
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you say Broadcast sheet?!?​
Taking the Duster apart with some friends earlier tonight, getting ready for my winter rust removal project & found some burried' treasure!! :rck: I could not believe it when I looked at it after we got the back seat out! I was stoked!! :D Now all I need is a frame for it. Seq. number matches the one on the dash as well! YEE HAA!!! :cool:
[/IMG]

· Registered
36,020 Posts
Yep, you should find that sheet under the seat on most old mopars.

· AirFuelEddie
5,458 Posts
Excellent! Great to hear it Big Mac! Dont lose it whatever you do! Chrysler does NOT authorize any reproduction of their buildsheets! My friend has a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 sixpack, Shaker, 4 -speed, Special Edition,(SE), Yellow/Black/White interior, gorgeous car, no buildsheet yet, still looking. :D :rck:

· Registered
1,454 Posts
threetwos said:
My friend has a 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T 440 sixpack, Shaker, 4 -speed, Special Edition,(SE), Yellow/Black/White interior, gorgeous car, no buildsheet yet, still looking. :D :rck:
i can't find the sheet for my car either :VHOT: i guess it could have been worse and missing the fender tag as well.

· Registered
25,139 Posts
I found mine in my 68 Coronet R/T in the headliner, the mice shreaded it up from the rear seat and drug it up in the headliner made a nest out of it. :(

· Registered
36,020 Posts
They were usually stuck in the springs under the rear or front seats. When I found them on my cars I usually took them out and threw them in the garbage. Wasn't till much later in life I found out that they were a good thing and not a bad thing :)

· AirFuelEddie
5,458 Posts
Ram3500Dually said:
They were usually stuck in the springs under the rear or front seats. When I found them on my cars I usually took them out and threw them in the garbage. Wasn't till much later in life I found out that they were a good thing and not a bad thing :)
:hair:

· MYTYT
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I had a couple of guys over helping me get the seats out (of a car that I was told had "very little" rust :VHOT: ). & I really went into a trance when we pulled the back seat out. My buddies didnt know what to think (Chevy guys), so I tryed to explain to them the importance of the paper & still nothing :thatfunny Chevy Guys are so hard to reach!!

Anyways, I was really excited about finding it & it almost makes all the rust I found under the rear pad "OK" now :D .

· AirFuelEddie
5,458 Posts
Good to hear that BigMac, funny thing is the Corvette dudes started the whole numbers thing in the first place I think? Back in the late 60,s and early 70,s? Brian might know or ram3500dually since he used to professionally compete in the pro-car show circuit. I think I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that the Vette people were responsible for all nitpicky numbers gurus ect..Of course I'm not complaining at all, the gm dudes just dont know their own history!

· Registered
36,020 Posts
Man, I ain't THAT old, LOL. When I started on the circuit in 1977 it was already a big thing to have everything documented. When I started showing my 84 van I really had the guys flipped out. I had pictures in my display of my van starting in the metal shop as just a floor pan all the way up to it coming off the end of the line. Nobody had their vehicle "documented" like I did. :)

· Originating Member
33,474 Posts
threetwos said:
Good to hear that BigMac, funny thing is the Corvette dudes started the whole numbers thing in the first place I think?
at the risk of being boooooooooo'ed off the site, I think our next modern day muscle kinda car will be a Vette, some years down the road

I'd love to have a Viper, but can't afford one, unless it's been beat .. ..

· Registered
665 Posts
Great Find!

Put it in the safe...

· MYTYT
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bee Keeper said:
Great Find!

Put it in the safe...
Indeed sir..... Oh wait, I dont have a safe :thatfunny ! Need to get one. I guess lettting it flatten out in my granpas 30 pound bible from a hunderd years ago will have to do for now :D .

Matt W.

· Registered
665 Posts
I remember finding those when we were teenagers looking for the bottle opener or running speaker wires and we just threw them away.

Later in life it was almost like Christmas looking under the seat on a car you just bought hoping to fine that lost treasure.

Isn't it a shame that youth is wasted on the young.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.