DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so ive decided to upgrade to hids when i get my taxes back. This is the kit http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/the-425/2006-2007-2008-2009/Detail the question i have is could those who have done this list where they got their projector retrofit 'bezel'-'housing' , how well they fit and any other knowledge that could be of use. Ive also noticed some of these housings have lenes while some do not, whats the difference? Thanx!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Resto Solutions offers a kit that comes with the projector housing that replaces your stock headlamp. I just bought my kit yesterday. Check their forum section for the DIY Bi-Xenon Retro kit. It's only 30 bucks more than what you've linked there and from what I've heard about the kit, it's very nice. Todd is a hell of a guy, he's answered all 150 of my questions over the last few days. Here's the link to the kit he recommended to me http://www.retrosolutionsllc.com/servlet/the-453/H13-9008-BIXENON-RETROFIT/Detail

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, im doing my fogs at the same time. I know fogs are plug and play but do you guys recommended doing a projector retro in them also?

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do these bezels just fit over the projector housing? If so can u buy the projector housing separate?

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Please do not waste your money and buy expensive HID kits that are the same $40+ kits on ebay plus some load resistors.

Those gatlin gun shrouds are nice. Ive had several and they are my fav

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya know i actually was leaning towards a vvme kit when i first started researching this, especially after reading that the build quality on so many kits was kinda sketchy ie: ballists not working straight out of the box. But after going to retro solutions ive changed my mind because of two things. They have lifetime warrantys on their shit, and they show some reliability data( i think the fail rate on digital ballasts was only like 1%). Anyway my problem is now finding 55w hid kit w/ digital ballasts that comes with the projector

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
0212353 can help you with that

·
Registered
31,160 Posts

·
RAMMSTEIN
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would but im not looking for new housings

·
Registered
95 Posts
Those are your stock housings. You pull them apart, and the new projector fits in your stock bulb's housing. You then put your headlamp back together, plug in your HIDs, and vua la, projector retro.

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
I got the Retrosolutions full retro kit and the install was cake. Came with everything needed and was around $200 shipped (price may vary due to year). IMO it was well worth the money and the install couldn't have been any easier.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.