DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i had a 03 and had HID's on head lights and fog lights. i had sooo many problems with my 03. i had to get a relay pack installed and all kinds of shit. something because the 03 voltage pulsed. now i have a 2010 and i want HID's again, but with out any problems. i know a guy who owns a audio shop and he said he can get them for me @ $230 per kit. is this high?
are their any issues with newer trucks?? is a true plug and play??? light out come on ???

·
Administrator
10,540 Posts
Yes, that is high. Contact Chad at Unique coating, he is a sponsor here. I got a set for my 2010 and they work perfect. My kit was about $160 and came with the relay and resistor. It's very easy to install, the hardest part is getting the grille off and headlights out.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
relay and resistor?? my buddy down the street has a 08 and all he did was plug the transformer straight into his headlamp plug and everything worked perfect.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Gen 4s are "different" LOL
The 'puter controls everything

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
My kit from Twiggy was plug and play... no relays or harnesses.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
And I don't remember just how much I paid, but I know it was not near that price. I think it was around $300 for Highs, Lows and Fogs.

·
no my name is not lance
193 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I talked with Twiggy a few months ago but cannnot remember how to get in touch with him or to his shop. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
He's out of the business now and not excepting emails apparently. He was pushing another vendor but I forget who it was and all his posts from are gone now. Maybe try Unique Coatings, He's a vendor here. Never heard anything bad about his kits.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you guys for the information. Very much appreciated. E

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
I would seriously get a basic kit off ebay and add my own resistors. I have seen lots of kits and they are all made overseas and all use the same bulbs. Now granted you get what you pay for but let me tell you I bough really expensive kits from a sponsor and I lost a bulb shortly after using them. The same bulbs they want 30-40 bux for are the SAME ones I bought off ebay as a pair for $10 shipped.

The same relay that went bad on mine was the same replacement I bought off ebay.

the same resistors my expensive kit has are the same ones I can get..........on ebay.

So think about it before you go pay 100+ for a kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.