Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys and Gals,

I have been talking to Tim (Twiggy) and will be converting to a Bi-Xenon HID headlight system real soon to include the fogs. This will be on a 2003 QC. I would love to see some pictures of those who have already done this conversion. Especially where you mounted the ballasts. Apparently I will have 6 ballasts. One for each bulb. High beam, Low beam, and Fog lights. Any pictures, experience on installing, tips, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Steven

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Got your PM but wasn't sure where to start....so here are some pics.

This is a Flashtech 8000k Bi-zenon HID kit. There are only two ballasts. I'm not sure why you would have six? :dunno:

Attachments

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
I'm not sure why you would have six? :dunno:
Tim's kit uses 2 ballasts per headlight for the bi-xenon. 4 for the heads and 2 for fogs then.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Tim's kit uses 2 ballasts per headlight for the bi-xenon. 4 for the heads and 2 for fogs then.
That's a lot of ballasts. What does that extra ballast do for you? Are they less likely to go out than a standard one-ballast-per-light set up?

I chose not to do HID fogs. Thanks to 99R/Tman I found out about these replacement bulbs -- and so far I'm really happy with how they look, especially considering the price!

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Tim's set uses 2 bulbs per side. Hence the 2 ballasts. Not like the ones we have from Chad - which move to get a "simulated" high beam.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Tim's set uses 2 bulbs per side. Hence the 2 ballasts. Not like the ones we have from Chad - which move to get a "simulated" high beam.
Thats right :D. I stop selling/making parts for the moving Bi-Xenon. If you look in my sponsor section, there are pictures of ways to mount your ballast. A few of the customers posted pictures in there thread of how they did there's too with the Bi-Xenon4.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
Hre ya go.
Al.

Attachments

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Hre ya go.
Al.
I bet it's fun seeing the reaction of other English motorists when you drive that truck down those narrow streets! :D

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
I bet it's fun seeing the reaction of other English motorists when you drive that truck down those narrow streets! :D
He he he......they certainly do a double take that's for sure!
Especially since I ALWAYS have my e-cutout open ha ha ha :evillaugh

See this link for the e-cutout and train horns.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=opQD2evvSMA&feature=channel_page

Oh btw, the HID kit is from Tim of HID Solutions a sponsor on here and are 6000K hi/lo's with fogs.

Al.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
off topic, but I love the clip where you use the train horn and the kids scream.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
haha, thats funny. I would get confused if I had to drive over there since your on the other side of the road. I like how everyone looks at the truck when your hauling a$$ in that town.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Do you guys get flashed by other cars now that you have HIDs? Or do you have them adjusted lower?

Thats my only concern, before buying them.
I don't get flashed now that I have mine adjusted down. I also had to bring mine inward on the Bi-Xenon4. Sometimes at stop lights if I'm behind a small car with no tinted window in the back, I can see them adjust there mirror.

·
RAIDER FAN
2,690 Posts
Cool clip!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I love the train horns, the cut-outs, the HID's. Hell, wanna trade? I love the kids screaming. Now if they would just make a device that would make girls skirts fly up when you drive by, or in the case of no skirt, just have their clothes fall of YEAH! :emouth::ecool::ebrow:

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.