DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 55watt Digital HID kit for my truck. I'm having problems with them though. They power up, but after running for awhile they start flashing on and off. I was just wondering if anyone has installed them and had similar problems?

·
Registered
387 Posts
bump. im wondering too. if and when i start putting mine in, i want to know all the problems and solutions there are. anyone have any input?

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
use the SEARCH there is pages and pages of information on this problem. you'll find some good information on what to do to fix it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Let me guess you tried to save some money and bought them off of e-bay or something like that? You can try talking with Tim at HID solutions he may be able to help you. This is my understanding of the problem. With the newer 3rd Gen's the headlights are controlled by the PCM and if I am not mistaken send an electrical signal to the headlight every 3-5 seconds. The HID ballasts can't communicate properly and you need a special ballast or harness for them. Don't hold me to what i just said but if I remember correctly it is the jist of the problem. I have three sets of HID's and bought them all from HID solutions and have had no problems. Also Unique Coatings now carry HIDS specifically for our vehicles. Yeah you pay more but you get the guarantee of the five best words "It will work no problem" HID solutions has great customer service and I recommend contacting him for all your HID needs.

·
Registered
387 Posts
well thanks for the info. i no not to purchase my hids from ebay now. i have some 6000k HIDs for my 07 honda CBR1000RR and they look awesome. no problems either. but i want to make sure i do it right and not have any problems with the ones for my truck. im gonna look at HIDsolutions right now.

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
I agree, talk with Tim, that guy is AWESOME!

He might suggest either getting some... uh... wtf they called?? sheet! AH! Cancellor kit (which SHOULD stop the "strobing" of the lights) or he will probably suggest sending those back, get your money back, and spend a few more bux and get the GOOD stuff this month since there is a potential GROUP BUY (bunch of people ordering at once so we all get a group discount)

plus, these have LIFETIME warranty and customer service that ranks up with all the other DT sponsers I have delt with!!

-David

·
Registered
837 Posts
You know, when i installed my Hella's I really considered buying HIDS for them off of E-bay. They don't have to plug into the trucks wiring at all. I could have saved $90. But than I thought if anything ever happened and they stopped working I would essentially be screwed. I called Tim just for the piece of mind of knowingthat I was getting a good product being sold by an honest man. It is well worth the cost for the quality,the customer service, and the piece of mind.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
and spend a few more bux and get the GOOD stuff this month since there is a potential GROUP BUY (bunch of people ordering at once so we all get a group discount)
Do you have a link for that group buy?

·
Registered
837 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Do you have a link for that group buy?
I will be posting the info this month. I am still working out the details to get some harness-less H13 kits. Thats about all that is holding me back from posting all the info.

As for the original post, do what NDBoost did with the resistors, and you should be good. Or you can purchase a kit from me ( HIDs By Twiggy formally HID Soltuions) or Chad at Unique Coatings :D.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I will be posting the info this month. I am still working out the details to get some harness-less H13 kits. Thats about all that is holding me back from posting all the info.

As for the original post, do what NDBoost did with the resistors, and you should be good. Or you can purchase a kit from me ( HIDs By Twiggy formally HID Soltuions) or Chad at Unique Coatings :D.
what happened to HID solutions??????????

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
what happened to HID solutions??????????
I've been on my own since Sep 08. I just never got around to changing my name :D. I actually have kits in stock, and good ballast

·
Registered
387 Posts
what do u mean "harnessless H13 kits?

·
Registered
31,160 Posts
fully plug n play. The older kits needed a harness to provide power, etc. The new kits don't. Very simple to install now.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
what do u mean "harnessless H13 kits?
Means the H13 kits will no longer require me to make my H13 harnesses anymore. My 9007 kits have been harnesses for awhile now. You just plug the kit into your stock H13 plug, and then to the ballast.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Means the H13 kits will no longer require me to make my H13 harnesses anymore. My 9007 kits have been harnesses for awhile now. You just plug the kit into your stock H13 plug, and then to the ballast.
Tim,
Your killing me. You know my issue with my harness. How much would an upgrade cost?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Tim,
Your killing me. You know my issue with my harness. How much would an upgrade cost?
lol, just so everyone knows. Lucas has no problems with his HID kits harness, he just wants it longer.

Not sure yet. I am still working out those details.

·
Registered
837 Posts
lol, just so everyone knows. Lucas has no problems with his HID kits harness, he just wants it longer.

Not sure yet. I am still working out those details.
Whoops, didn't know I said something wrong. I have zero issues with my harness or lights and customer service is #1. I have 4 ballasts tucked behind the cross-support with a bunch of wire loom. This is the first I had heard for mounting w/out a harness and got all excited. I hate extra wires and I have added so much electrical to my truck that I have a bunch. The thought of losing some got me excited is all.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Whoops, didn't know I said something wrong. I have zero issues with my harness or lights and customer service is #1. I have 4 ballasts tucked behind the cross-support with a bunch of wire loom. This is the first I had heard for mounting w/out a harness and got all excited. I hate extra wires and I have added so much electrical to my truck that I have a bunch. The thought of losing some got me excited is all.
No problem. If someone didnt know what we were talking about, it sounded like if you had a problem. I was just clearing that up :D. I hate wires too, thats why I hope these ballast work out.

·
Registered
837 Posts
No problem. If someone didnt know what we were talking about, it sounded like if you had a problem. I was just clearing that up :D. I hate wires too, thats why I hope these ballast work out.
If you need a 2007 test vehicle let me know:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.