DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a SS bumper cover put on the front of my truck, and the bodyshop installed it (after a head on wreck 3 or 4 months back). Well I got the fog lights working about a month ago, but don't drive at night very often. Ever since, I've had more and more people flash me at night, which I assume means I'm blinding them. So about a week ago, I added 2 good sized washers to the upper, inner nut on each of them, since I didn't see any sort of adjustment screw like the headlights have. It moved the beam down and outward and I thought I'd solved it. Low and behold, some dude, which I'll refrain from calling an a-hole because I guess it's my fault, flashed me like 5 times sitting at an intersection. I finally flashed my high beams just so he'd know that it wasn't my highs. He interpretted it wrong, but whatever.....

How do I get the fog lights not to blind people now with the new bumper cover? The mounting area is the exact same, so I don't understand why it's so bad now. Add more washers to try to get them low enough? The bolts and mounting bracket can't tolerate much more before it wont mount at all. The beam is well below the headlights, and I don't get flashed with the headlights only, but it's definitely not good as it is.

Help?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Those are the factory fogs, they should have vertical adjustments. The screw should be at the top of the housing. It is a small torx, T-20 is what I got to fit. And as you can probably tell, the bumper cover has no impact on adjusting the lights. I had an SS cover, and it did not affect my fogs in any way. I didn't have HIDs either, but I don't think that would matter. If the screw adjustment isn't working, then the brackets the lights are attached to might still be messed up from your accident.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.