1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tj
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
you live in chicago? I'm just north in Milwaukee and had a ballast, go bad a few weeks ago ... it was a foglight ballast... Although my ballast were from a crooked company in minnesota and not twiggy... I had salt from winter and they were corroding bad... the cables were so short I had no options for mounting... I just got a new 55 watt kit for fogs and headlights with the slim powder coated ballast from retro-solutions... I also have new 8000k bulbs and ballast extensions so I can mount pretty much anywhere in my engine compartment... hope it keeps them out the water and salt!!!

·
Tj
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you live in chicago? I'm just north in Milwaukee and had a ballast, go bad a few weeks ago ... it was a foglight ballast... Although my ballast were from a crooked company in minnesota and not twiggy... I had salt from winter and they were corroding bad... the cables were so short I had no options for mounting... I just got a new 55 watt kit for fogs and headlights with the slim powder coated ballast from retro-solutions... I also have new 8000k bulbs and ballast extensions so I can mount pretty much anywhere in my engine compartment... hope it keeps them out the water and salt!!!
Yeah thats what happened to mine but just the left side. It was bad. So what Im gonna do is either line-x the ballasts or wrap them in some kind of tape that will take heat well so I dont run into this problem again.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I ordered from retro-solutions new 55 watt kit and ballast extensions... so I'm gonna mount in new locations where salt and water won't get to em... Plus the ballast are powdercoated so it can take harsh salt winters in the midwest!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.