DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 ram 1500 with halo projector headlights. i just bought hid kits for them. all they did was flash a few times then go out. i researched and found i needed some resistors so i ordered them and installed them but there was no change. if anyone knows what i need to do i would love to know. its starting to get pretty annoying. thanks

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
you need to wire in a resister between the battery and relay... and one after the relay on the other side before the ballast... I have 55 watt kit I just did yanked my 35 watt kit... I also have 2 resisters after each ballast also so a total of 4 resisters... no lamp out light and no flickering... If you do fog lights there is no need for any resisters... hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
you need a resistor in the empty plug on the RH side I too have an 06 that did this.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'm not sure if the 02-05 are different then 06-08??? also I'm only running HID low beam not a Bi-xenon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you mean a resistor in the empty plug?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
what do you mean a resistor in the empty plug?
are you running a single low or Bi-xenon??? try wiring a resister in before the relay and one on the passenger side before the ballast... all you are doing is fooling your onboard computer that that there is a light working there since HID's draw less power

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
You need to use an hid harness bc at start up they draw too much power and the computer turns them off and on . I got an ebay harness that had a relay and a plug in resistor for the right side

·
Grabbin life by the horns
577 Posts
Anybody got a diagram showing exactly where I need to put the resistors? Also I would be using h1's for the projectors not bixenon. Did you still use a wiring harness/relay with your projector setup?

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
With most HID kits they only use one Headlamp plug leaving one unused. I have Hi/low 5k 35 watt kit. I wired in a total of 4 resistors 2 per side. 1 for high and 1 for lows. Once I did this all problems went away.

Check out my thread: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292977&page=3

I also used some knowlege given to me by Weedahoe

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Anybody got a diagram showing exactly where I need to put the resistors? Also I would be using h1's for the projectors not bixenon. Did you still use a wiring harness/relay with your projector setup?
I have a diagram it's in my buddy's email... I'll have him send it to me and post it tomorrow... It much easier for me to show that then explain it!!!

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Here are some pics of mine

Pass Side

Drivers Side

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I too have projector lights with h1's, like I said get the single hid harness on ebay just make shure it has the resistors built in. For my high beams I made my own harness so I can flash my lights without turning off the hid low beams .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so basically if i just want my brights to be regular i need to get 2 of the single ebay harnesses and hook one to dims and one to brights?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
For my high beams I made my own harness with a 30 amp relay and a new switch on the dash, so now if I want to I can have all my lights on at the same time (low's, highs, fogs)it's like looking into the sun .

·
Grabbin life by the horns
577 Posts
I too have projector lights with h1's, like I said get the single hid harness on ebay just make shure it has the resistors built in. For my high beams I made my own harness so I can flash my lights without turning off the hid low beams .
Any info on which sellers on Ebay sell the kits with resistors built in?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I got mine from ebay seller phillipsxenon

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
my twiggy harness came wired up backwards the low and high beam were .

·
CODE RED
1,173 Posts
so just a resistor on both sides would ace the lamp out and the flicker?

·
AROD'S TRUCK
4,410 Posts
I have 4 resistors, 2 on each side works with no problems.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.