DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone used a High Lift Jack on our trucks yet?

I went wheeling on the beach this weekend and alot of people were stuck including 2nd gen 3/4 ton dodge. I could have helped them out with a hi-lift. Most of them were not very samrt and had full air pressure in tires.

Anyway my question is what Accessories did you need to use it on the 3rg gen 1500? I am not sure how or where I would use it at, guess you would have to take the plastic piece off the front bumper to use it? Then on the back might be ok?

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,441 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. Ever since I put my lift on i've thinking about how i'm going to change a tire if I get a flat. I have a regular hydraulic jack but I don't think it will go up high enough....

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
lucky Discount tire uses regular 3 ton hydraulic jacks on my truck when they balance and rotate my tires

just jack up the axle not the frame

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
In regards to the Hi-Lift Jack. Has anybody came up with a way to mount one on your truck somewhere other than the front. I see a lot of jeeps that have mounted theirs to the front bumper, but they are always rusted out. Any ideas on a bed mount for a Hi-Lift Jack?

·
Registered
2 Posts
These jacks are great, I use mine for my Jeep but I have yet to need it for my Ram. You can use a Hi-Lift Jack for the rear bumper but you will need to buy bumper lift attachment which costs about $20.00. I am not sure if you could use it for the front bumper.

04Ram2500 I have my jack mounted inside the tub of my Jeep which keeps it from rusting out. I could take a photo if you want. The bracket I use would work for a truck bed.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
A picture would help a lot!

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
I use my lift for Jacking and doubles pretty good for a winch too. Slow, but gets the Job done.
I use my front and rear receivers and the Rocksliders to jack from

·
~3 tOns oF fUn~
836 Posts
I'm sure some sort of attachmant could be made to go where the front tow hook bar is mounted to the frame and it could be used in the trailer hitch in the rear...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
On my 2G Ram I had a Hi-Lift jack mounted in the bed under the passenger-side rail above the wheel well bump using the Jeep 4x4 mounts. Just drilled through the inner bed metal and bolted the mounts using big/wide washers to help with leverage. Fit and worked great, and thinking of doing it it to my 3G Ram. Sorry, no pics :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
From a jeeper, keep it inside. On the front bumper it serves nothing more than a plow. How about behind the rear seats...below the seat and behind the rack...Not sure if there is enough room. I can only picture it. Get some clamps and drill. I wouldnt use a bumper of a 3G truck to lift it. Ever. I dont know where I would use it. On my Jeep, I use the front or rear bumper, or the rocksliders.

Josh

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
First off, get rid of that goofy plastic strip that mounts under the front bumper. Your truck will look better and it will improve your approach angle. As someone already mentioned, they sell an adaptor for late model bumpers that works fairly well. I jack mine in the front by the tow hooks and either use the adaptor or the hitch in the rear.
There are also brackets you can buy to mount your jack to your bed rails but i think it involves drilling holes. I mounted mine to my truck box with four pieces of all thread, some nuts, washers and wing nuts. It's out of the way and stays in place perfectly. (not the best pic but all i had) As for it rusting, you should give it a coat of oil every so often, especially the mechanism portion.
Either way you go, be very carefull. High lift jacks can be very unstable. Be sure to block the other tires very well. I have seen some people nearly crush legs and arms not to mention getting hit with the jack itself when it shifts.

Attachments

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks all especially ce2flaco

Also when you lifted did the factory Transfer Case Skid palte still work or did you have to take it off, I am think of buying that as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gotta agree with ce2Flaco here. Unstable as a mofo. I remember the first time I ever used a Hi-Lift, and let's just say that its a good thing I left the wheel on while I went to go get the replacement wheel and tire. Damn thing started tippin, and next thing you know, its crashin down. I used a hydraulic every time after that....

·
sans sanity
1,565 Posts
HEMIjerdelt said:
Thanks all especially ce2flaco

Also when you lifted did the factory Transfer Case Skid palte still work or did you have to take it off, I am think of buying that as well.
No, the trans. case skid plate as well as the front diff skid plate had to go. The superlift has an integrated plate for the front diff. but i am planning to fabricate one for the trans. case at the same time that i make my rock sliders.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had one on my Jeep now it sets in the gargare not being used at all. I didn't see any place to use it on the truck without damage to something.

Tatakai

·
Registered
228 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.