DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and have a few questions regarding some work my dealership has recommended I do to my truck (Dodge Ram 1500, 5.7L Hemi, quad cab). Being a woman I am questioning if they are trying to get money out of me or if these are actually things other people have had to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and I look forward to your comments!

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
Welcome to DT!!:D

What is the dealership telling you?

We have some of the smartest members in the Dodge Community.

Oh, and :postpics:

Of your truck that is ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Info from the Lady Wildcat

I took it in for an oil change on Monday and told them I have been hearing a grinding noise and asked them to look it over. They said I need a hub assembly on the right side which I believe because I just replaced the left side last August but what I am questioning is they also said I need to have a rear diff service but the cost was $680, when I asked why so much they said I have a broken clip and they will have to replace clutches and clips. They didn't remove the cover so I asked how they knew that and the mechanic said he could see it through the area where the plug is. Is that possible? Also, if I have a broken clip would I still be able to drive it?

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
welcome to dodgetalk.:)

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
I took it in for an oil change on Monday and told them I have been hearing a grinding noise and asked them to look it over. They said I need a hub assembly on the right side which I believe because I just replaced the left side last August but what I am questioning is they also said I need to have a rear diff service but the cost was $680, when I asked why so much they said I have a broken clip and they will have to replace clutches and clips. They didn't remove the cover so I asked how they knew that and the mechanic said he could see it through the area where the plug is. Is that possible? Also, if I have a broken clip would I still be able to drive it?
:bs:

How can he see a broken clip without taking the diff cover off. I would get a second opinion from another shop.

I know all about a broken clip, I had 5 fail on me when I had my white 04 Hemi:(

·
Registered
35,849 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk, the best Dodge Forum on the internet :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

Thank you for the welcome. So a broken clip is not uncommon? Are you still able to drive the vehicle with a broken clip? Any comments or advice is welcome. Thanks again guys! :)

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Welcome to DT, always nice to see more female members. Yes the broken C-clip is a common porblem, do you have any warrenty left?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Welcome to Dodgetalk! What part of Ohio are you from? I'm figuring you're alot farther north than me, 'cause we didn't get near that much snow!

·
locogk
5,856 Posts
welcome to dt get a second opinion

·
Registered
452 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
126 Posts
:lurk:

welcome:cool:

·
hate hybrids
1,328 Posts
welcome to DT

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will do

Looks like I'll be hunting around for another opinion, no warranty left at all so it will be coming out of my pocket. Thanks again to everyone for their welcome and comments. Look forward to hearing more from you guys! If you ever see my Dodge out on the road don't hesitate to give me a wave. ;)

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.