DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am a 4th gen ram hemi owner and usually don't read this part of the forum, but i need your help. was looking at at new libertys for my daughter to day and kept noticing the the nitros all lined up at the dealer.
would you buy a nitro again? any problems with these vehicles? i know the 3.7 has been around for a while and doesn't get the best mpg, but that is what many said to me before getting the hemi. i generally keep my vehicles until the wheels fall off, how is the longevity of the 3.7. which trans does the nitro have and how does it hold up? anything you would change about your nitro if you were going to buy another? ie rear end ratio, 4wheel drive system "if there is a choice of more than one system like the grand cherokees.

thanks all in advance for your help! steve

·
Segoli
140 Posts
I have a 08 Nitro R/T. It is my wifes daily driver and she really likes it. Mine is the 4.0. Dont know much about the 3.7 but I would not get it. To slow for me. Other than that I have never had any problems with ours.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I just sold off our Nitro, it wasn't a bad car, but it sure wasn't great. We had it for almost 3 years and it always felt like a rental. No love for it. No major issues, it went through wheel bearings like crazy. Sold it at 52k and it had already had them done three times and could use it a 4th time. Honestly for as long as we owned it I was never sure if it was going to be a good car, it ended up being ok. Nothing great, no I would not buy another nor go out of my way to recommend it to anyone. There are much much better options out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.