DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
KIP311 said:
get what I was saying now??????? :D
I got it the first time. ;)


The only reason I can see for doing it his way would be to make the truck a sleeper.
 

·
Jeep Driver
Joined
·
32,497 Posts
All trucks are sleepers. Most of them are slow so if you have one that isn't, it's a sleeper in my book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
FreeLantz said:
All trucks are sleepers. Most of them are slow so if you have one that isn't, it's a sleeper in my book.
When I see a Lightning wearing fat drag radials purge I don't think sleeper. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
welcome to the site and you will love the hemi.
i debadged mine all except the the hemi and the ram head on the tailgate you can
see pics in my gallery.
i think they look better debadged but whether you choose to do it or not you
still have a great truck.

POST SOME PICS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks for the great welcome guys.
Silverquadder and Blackwolf, I dumped the desiel because I dont tow anymore. I was pulling a 24ft enclosed with 3 atv's aboard. Being I am selling the atv's and the trailer, I dont see a need for 6 tires and $2.45 a gallon. The cummins desiel is an awesome engine, lots of hidden power. I had the superchip in it and it produced another 85 h.p and 115 to 125 ft lbs of torque. Very happy with it.
Superchips is right next door to my employment, I loaned them my truck to get the program for the 6 speed 24 valve cummins. They are good people to deal with. If anyone needs a programmer,,,for a 6 speed,,let me know, it will go for a cheap price.

I plan on going over and talking to superchips about the Hemi, It seems that Dodge didnt hide to much power from us with the Hemi's,,,kinda like the Vette. Getting rid of the speed limiter and changing the RPM shift range is good, but more ponys is what we all like to have.

I took the hemi emblems off because I dont like the location of them and it looks better with out them, JMO. I do like the quote "sleeper look", its always a great conversation peice. Getting really excited about my hood, woohoo.
 

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
Joined
·
3,696 Posts
There's a lot of hidden power in the stocker 5.7L Hemi.

Buy a performance cam (KRC or CompCams) and performance heads (Patriot Performance), and then install a form of forced induction (supercharger, turbocharger, or Nitrous Oxide injection)...and then walah!

POWER!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Dodged1 said:
Thanks for the great welcome guys.
Silverquadder and Blackwolf, I dumped the desiel because I dont tow anymore. I was pulling a 24ft enclosed with 3 atv's aboard. Being I am selling the atv's and the trailer, I dont see a need for 6 tires and $2.45 a gallon. The cummins desiel is an awesome engine, lots of hidden power. I had the superchip in it and it produced another 85 h.p and 115 to 125 ft lbs of torque. Very happy with it.
.

Dude, you should have just called me! We could have traded trucks and payment books (I'll include the tonneau you include the trailer & contents) and both of us would have been happy. You blew it! ;)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
BLACKWOLF said:
Dude, you should have just called me! We could have traded trucks and payment books (I'll include the tonneau you include the trailer & contents) and both of us would have been happy. You blew it! ;)
Ya sure, and you would have gotten the steal of the year award :thatfunny,
I still have one atv left and the trailer. It should all be gone next week. Go here,,, http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/r/grizzdout/ this is what I used to have fun doing. This is my web site.

Hemi Pete, I am talking about hidden power without digging into the engine components. Cams and turbos are nice,,,but when you can plug and play its even nicer. Its really scary how much the desiels are detuned.
 
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top