DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm Ashley, just picked up an '88 Dakota for real cheap. It'll be my winter beater and daily driver for the next few months until I fix up my baby ('95 Ford Probe). I ended up putting my car into a telephone pole trying to avoid a deer, so I needed cheap transportation, fast.

Did a few maintenance things to it yesterday, plugs, cap, rotor, dielectric grease on all the wires and coil...it has 185k miles and runs ok, noisy as heck but I can deal with it. There's minimal rust for being a CT truck, bright red as all Dodges should be...

I've never owned a Dodge, or a truck before, but I know cars and trucks pretty well, I'm a manager at Autozone and have been working on everyone elses vehicles for awhile.

Anyway, the truck's a year older then my brother and only 2 years newer then me, so we'll see how she holds up :) Is there anything I should look out for? I'm gonna have to drive this truck 150 miles one way to Boston for school...

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
16,621 Posts
welcome to dodgetalk. :D

·
MR *DE*
7,544 Posts
welcoem to dodgetalk

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Welcome!

·
TROLL'N THROUGH
29 Posts
Next time, I think I would hit the deer and hope his health insurance is up to date! :D Welcome, and good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
123 Posts
boy lots of newbies tonight, welcome ashley! im new here tonight also, i think its a great sight. gl handysam

·
Premium Member
27,633 Posts
Welcome to DodgeTalk!

·
Registered
112 Posts
OUCH!!!!!! Thats gonna leave a mark.............
WELCOME to DodgeTalk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.