DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is someone selling their stock RT exhaust system on e-bay? I donated my system to the local high school auto shop. They are currently in a chapter on exhaust systems so the timing was lucky. A plasma cutter quickly revealed what's restrictive under the skins:

The resonator has a straight pipe (bright silver in pic), that is for baffling. I would call this more of a muffler because of the U-turn on the internal exhaust pipe.

The suitcase muffler also has a baffle (again, the bright silver pipe in pic). The muffler was insulated throughout with fiber glass. Most was removed. Note the tiny holes in the exhaust pipes. That is a typical glass pack way to get a tone.

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Why? Cause they got a new exhaust and wanted some money?

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
Navyvet said:
Note the tiny holes in the exhaust pipes. That is a typical glass pack way to get a tone.
You mean they achieved that sound on purpose :thatfunny ??

After my wallet catches its breath I think I'm going to replace the exhaust with a full catback system of some kind. I just did mufflers and left everything else stock. The 2" neck-down into the resonators alone is enough to make me want a do-over there.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they achieved a very muffled sound on purpose.

It would be nice to know what Dahmler-Chrysler did to get such a deep race car tone in the commercial. I think if we pulled back the curtin where the marketing folks are standing we would see the sound is just from a wav file, and was dubbed over for the commercial.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess one man's POC exhaust can be another man's POC exhaust. What a country!
:gr_patrio

·
Registered
401 Posts
I agree Navy......

·
Registered
89 Posts
resonators

The proof is in the pudding. or (in the pictures) worth a thousand words. Thank you for the reply.

·
Mainiac
526 Posts
Yeah the more I look at this the more I'm thinking I'll follow Magnum Force's advice and ditch the stock reso's.
(note for anyone else following this gsjoe and I started this conversation in another thread :) )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.