DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i just picked up this 80 street van for $800. it has 78000 kms on it, which is less than 50000 miles. It's all original, including the chrome rims, and stripe package. the interior needs to be redone, but i'm trying to figure out how to set up a bed. I'm 6 feet tall, and theres not enough room across the bed thats in there now. any ideas?

Attachments

· Registered
7 Posts
love it man i'm in the process of bodywork on my 83 shorty, i'm still trying to come up with a color for it....i was thinking black cherry what do you boys think? by the way what size engine are you smokin those tires with?

· Originating Member
33,474 Posts
black cherry would probably be cool

are you thinking of a solid color for the entire van ?

would there be any super fine metallic paint involved ?

When I had my Ram truck, it was red and I had black (real fine) metallic stripes painted on

had an extra sparkle in the sunshine, but NO WHERE the size of metal flake in the 70s

doesnt show up the best in this pic, but you get the idea

Attachments

· Registered
51 Posts
You could always make the bed so you can lay lengthwise. It would most likely extend into the left side door but that side of the bed frame could be finished off with carpet or paneling. Maybe even cut an access door in it for more storage from the side. The downside of course would be that you'd lose that much more space on the driver's side for cabinets.
I have a Dodge Maxivan (the one with the added length on the end) and my set up is a couch bed with an extra platform behind the seat with a custom built mattress. This way when I convert the couch into a bed, it along with the platform behind makes a longer bed so I can lay lengthwise. And the bed doesn't intrude into the side cargo door opening.

· Registered
7 Posts
cool pic looks good, if i went black cherry it would be a a solid color but now i'm thinking some kind of orange (like my mustang) with black accents it looks great on my 82 gt so mabye i'll make this van to match.

· Do It In A Van
8,067 Posts
I think the Street Vans are cool. Does yours have the vinyl emblems or the actual metal ones that say "Steet Van?" I see the metal emblems on Ebay every once in a while. I've seen a set of NOS emblems go upwards of $300.

· Registered
7 Posts
thanks ramman, i don't have a pic of yet but i want to get them as soon as possible to show you the stages of my shorty before i apply paint, it was just surface rust on the sheetmetal the underneath and frame i could eat off (except for the oil) the previous owner really took care of this "83 as he only drove it 2 weeks out of the year since 85 to go camping.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.