DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I know guys have inquired about whats under the chrome clad 20"s. A while back there was a company on ebay selling the stock 20"s with the chrome clads removed, they had defects on the finish. Well this guy bought from them and now has his rims up for auction.

They basically have a gray primered finish on them. The chrome cladding would then be glued over the top of this. So its just an aluminum wheel, primered and missing the chrome portion. I haven't seen these for sale in ages, but might be a good buy for someone who wnats to powdercoat them black or something.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...K:MEWA:PIC&viewitem=&item=170044719769&rd=1,1

Item number: 170044719769

KB

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cool, actually. Might consider painting the inside black and keeping the polished lip for a sporty look. =)

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, you can tell they use a cover because they are missing the pattern near the lug holes. If you look at our rims, you almost see a star shaped pattern in that region, regardless of chrome clad or polished aluminum. These are missing that piece entirely,its got a circular ring shape around the hub mounting portion.

KB

·
Registered
360 Posts
DallasG said:
Cool, actually. Might consider painting the inside black and keeping the polished lip for a sporty look. =)
Sweet idea!! :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Actually they look better than I would have imagined. They definitely are a candidate for powder coating or painting with minimal effort.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Hey Kenny Thanks for the pics i wonder what that would look like powdercoated black ?? Norb

·
A Little Show & No Go
543 Posts
Kenny, you spend way too much time on Ebay. But thanks for the picture, always wondered what they would look like.

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
powdercoat them the same grey... Like the Mustang Gt's... Would look awesome

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts

·
PROJECT SRT-345
1,480 Posts
He doesen't even list them as de-skinned... Someone's gonna be pissed if they don't pay attention.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He probably didn't understand that when he bought them. But thats definitely what they are. I think they were just listed as foctory blems.The original seller I recall had dozens of these and they all sold relatively cheap.

KB

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.