DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
stay tuned . . . .
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i went by the Dodge Dealership today to check on the progress of my truck and this is what i witnessed. Although it wont be ready for another week waiting on the new Front bumper and something else. and then it has to go into service and repair for some warranty repair before my 3/36 is expired in another 130 miles... lol. welp this is what she looks like so far

Attachments

·
Coolest Ram Club in FL
4,295 Posts
nice man i guess the front was banged up?

on other business you think you will be able to make the meet in gainesville?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
He said it is not likely, he said it's not scheduled to be done until after that weekend but he hopes to make it to our next meet.

I was talking with him a little before he posted this.

·
WYOhemi
478 Posts
dang what happened to it? your bed's all out of whack

·
:D Hello!!!
3,401 Posts
yeah? Details man, details!!!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
He didn't go into details but he did post some photos before

Attachments

·
Hibernating
3,114 Posts
Looking goood! Nice hood! Can't wait to see the final result....of course, I know you can't either.

·
stay tuned . . . .
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Details: I was on my way to work one morning. I-75 south to turnpike extension. 5:00am and heavy raining. Speed about 60mph. Posted speed is like 70mph. Trafffic kinda heavy with the hazard flashers in the way. Me in the far right lane like i said doing 60mph and right as i pass under an overpass i must have hit an oil spot or something slick or sitting water. Either way im driving and the rear end starts trying to catch the front end. so now im in the lane still moving forward but sideways. 150 - 200 ft slide give or take. Once the tires decided to grip the wet asphault again it takes off (remember im riding sideways with my front end pointing towards the next lane to the left) and there is a guy next to me driving a 2006 f-150 extended cab not payin attention to whats goin on not to mention it's dark as shit at 5:00 am, my truck launches into his lane as he is trying to pass me and we collide. We locked up with my drivers side and his passenger side front fender. Once i made the initial contact my truck then spun back around the opposite way and banged the side of his truck which is why i got damage on the rear panel. then it bounced back off him again as we came to a slow creep and we pulled off the road. I took a chain out from under my rear seat and hooked one end to the wrecker and one end to the front bumper and had the wrecker pull the damn bumper off my tire and went to work. My bed is all out of wack cuz they pulled it to do some work on the rear panel and some work on the rear of the cab. so i've been truckless since August 30 ...... hopefully get it back next week if the other parts are in. anyone notice i upgraded the hood ?

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
The new hood looks great!

·
Registered
936 Posts
hydroplanning on 20's, wow that must of been some d*mn puddle of water. Anyhow rain is one of the harder sliding situations to get out of just becuase sometimes you dont know when tires are gonna find grip. Atleast in winter you can keep the fronts sliding witht the brakes and the rears sliding with gas pedal if theres a little trouble. Anyhow looks like your on your way to a better looking truck with the addition of that hood....congrats

·
stay tuned . . . .
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AmericanMuscle said:
hydroplanning on 20's, wow that must of been some d*mn puddle of water. Anyhow rain is one of the harder sliding situations to get out of just becuase sometimes you dont know when tires are gonna find grip. Atleast in winter you can keep the fronts sliding witht the brakes and the rears sliding with gas pedal if theres a little trouble. Anyhow looks like your on your way to a better looking truck with the addition of that hood....congrats
tell me about it..... i thought i was gonna be able to regain control until that last minute it just went haywire. on a side note, if that damn ford wouldnt have been there i woulda either A) went across all 5 lanes and hit the Ditch full of muck and water or B) hit the Semi that was in the fast lane and he woulda t-boned me. I woulda have rather took my chances in the MUDD with the 4x4

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Did you have your cruise control on?

·
Registered
772 Posts
Wow!! I thought it was ricers that did the drifting, is this the first documented Ram drifter :rck:

Either way im driving and the rear end starts trying to catch the front end. so now im in the lane still moving forward but sideways. 150 - 200 ft slide give or take. :thatfunny

Glad you made it safe

Martin

·
stay tuned . . . .
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HoustonHemi said:
Did you have your cruise control on?
nope.... no cruise control in the rain.
and yes this is the 1st documented case of a RAM drifting.....LoL
Just one of those things ya know

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like a scary ride and your lucky the Ford kept you from hitting the semi. I like the new hood and glad to hear no one was hurt. Hope you get your truck back soon...

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident, but at least no one was hurt! NICE choice of hoods! Did you have to pony up the extra $$ for it?

·
Registered
609 Posts
did the air bags go off .....

·
stay tuned . . . .
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hemi_dakota94 said:
Sorry to hear about the accident, but at least no one was hurt! NICE choice of hoods! Did you have to pony up the extra $$ for it?
My insurance paid for a new Stock hood and im just paying the difference in price from the stock hood to the Srt hood.

flameon4x4 said:
did the air bags go off .....
No the airbags didnt deploy because it wasnt a direct frontal. The impact was mostly a corner impact. The drivers side corner was what did the impacting, and then some ping pong action.

Thanx everyone. Im glad i made it out alive too..it was the week b4 my wedding. and the week of my wedding my best man totalled his Mercedes. So i think we were lucky. He was alright as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.