DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gadier sent me an early Xmas present. I was really excpecting cookies or something of that nature. I was shocked to hear from Denny, that Gadier sent me some juice..........as in a nitious kit. :rck: I have been kicking around the idea with Gadier about using a small shot for intercooling my intake charge at the track. I haven't been able to see it yet since I've been home sick for the past 2 days with the flu. I'm feeling much better now. Thank you Santa (Gadier) for the present. :D

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
utfan4lyf24 said:
what shot are you gonna run?
Probably a 35 shot in 3rd. I figure that would be close to a 75-100 shot being pushed in. I just need to figure out how I'm going to install it. Before or after the throttle body. BTW, Denny called me and told me your tranny showed up today. I'll get started on it this Saturday. :D

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Denny is going to talk you into hitting it in 1st...you do know that right...haha

No matter how hard you try to resist, it will happen :D

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HEMI450HP said:
Denny is going to talk you into hitting it in 1st...you do know that right...haha

No matter how hard you try to resist, it will happen :D
Ain't gonna happen. :D I'm sure the topic will be brought up, but this is where the owner has control over the crew chief. I just figure that since we spent so much time and $$$ looking for cold air last fall, I'll just bring my own cold air in a bottle...haha

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HEMI450HP said:
You keep tellin' yourself that...IT'S GONNA HAPPEN ;)
Stroked, blown and running on dope. Gale Banks would be proud of me. :D

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just need help in 3rd. My best mph in the 1/8 is 92 mph. That should have netted me a 115 mph in the 1/4 which it didn't. My best 1/8 mile et was a 7.51 which should have netted me an 11.80. It seems the faster my truck goes in the 1/8 the slower it goes in the 1/4. Once I hit 3rd gear, that's when I plan on hitting the button. Running without an aftercooler put's way too much hot, compressed air into my intake charge. A little blast of -128 degree cold air should help me out. I'll still be testing out the E85 theory before installing the NO2.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
hemidup, What stall are you using, Edge? APS?

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
05whitehemi said:
hemidup, What stall are you using, Edge? APS?
Edge 11" 3,000 billet. With the power my truck makes it stall's to 3,700. ;)

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Jerry...how does your truck act on the street? When you and Denny are tuning it, do you do it from a roll or from a dead stop?

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
hemidup said:
Edge 11" 3,000 billet. With the power my truck makes it stall's to 3,700. ;)

Whats your rev limit and at what rpms do you shift? If you don't mind me asking.

·
6.1 FTW
2,307 Posts
Have you thought of meth injection for cooling? Not running the intercooler you must be getting very hot charge air. I'm blown away how hot the intake tube is downstream of the 1200. The 1500 is even more compression. I would guess if you could cool it down you'd be able to advance timing as well.

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
HoustonHemi said:
Have you thought of meth injection for cooling? Not running the intercooler you must be getting very hot charge air. I'm blown away how hot the intake tube is downstream of the 1200. The 1500 is even more compression. I would guess if you could cool it down you'd be able to advance timing as well.
He is already running water/meth.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.