DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o.k so you guys were right. I new it to but couldn't pass the chance to give this old man a go. even though I was extremly outmatched he gloated as if he won the daytona 500. it's all good. But on a more serious note...another co-worker saw the race and said he could kick my ass :crazy: he is riding in a 03' tundra ext. cab v-8..before I get ripped again and downgrad the hemi rep. what do you think would be the outcome????

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
I am not really sure, your Hemi Ram being a 4X4 Quad Cab and all. The Tundra has 305 horses to the converter? I am not sure what Toyota has for their truck, but the Ram has about 270 horses to the drive wheels, 345 to the torque converter.

What do you guys think?

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry I forgot to throw in the 4x4 to his tundra v-8

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Then the match begins to even out. I'd give it a go. Tell us how you did.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I'll bet you'll fare better than you did against the camero.....anyone wanna bet?

·
HEMI.,need I say more
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just liked the old guy with the camaro. It's not everyday you see a 55 year old with an ss.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
He gloated? That's like the Patriots celebrating after beating Stanford in a football game. You will beat the tundra.

·
DARKNESS
612 Posts
i think no matter what they drive generally they are going to gloat when they beat a hemi since the hemi is the one with 100000 commercials haha

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
DonRam said:
You didn't get enough controversary stirred up on the last camero thread?
that's what i was thinking.. lol

anyway.. if the tundra is stock you should win. if not give me your truck

·
Registered
181 Posts
dude a buddy of mine raced one of those new tundras with his 2001 5.4 expedition and went neck and neck with him ull probably rip him a new one

·
Registered
276 Posts
A buddy of mine has a Tundra and he says it's a dog, and I've heard that from a few people. Now you are more on your league, truck for truck. I see the hemi having some toyota for lunch on this one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Come on guys...you know the real test isnt in the race....It is in the tug of war....put the truck back to back and tie them off with a large chain or tow strap and let the pulling begin. THEN when you beat the Toy you can reallllly brag about how you pulled his truck all over the parking lot. Our trucks arent made for the speed but more for the power. If you hate the guy tie to his bumper and when you say go (without letting out the slack) gun it....it will remove his bumper and you can drag it down the street.

·
Hemiless
714 Posts
The late model Camaros are one of the fastest vehicles under $30K ever built. I knew you'd get smoked in that race.

But as far as the Tundra goes, I ran one of those with my 4.7L Ram and we were at a dead tie after 1,000 yards. So if I can keep pace with a Tundra, you should be able to take him with your Hemi pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Man i cant believe we went from racing a Camaro wich was an obvious loss to sweatin' a Tundra, an obvious win, hahahahaahahahaha

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Tommyboy1 said:
Man i cant believe we went from racing a Camaro wich was an obvious loss to sweatin' a Tundra, an obvious win, hahahahaahahahaha
You should never underestimate your opponent. Heck, I just watched a little VolksWagen Jetta defeat a Ford Focus at a dragstrip lately.

·
Registered
584 Posts
the volkswagen jetta is little and what ,the Ford Focus is not? Whats the differnence, they are both two small little cars with 4 bangers that i would never drive.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hemi Pete said:
You should never underestimate your opponent. Heck, I just watched a little VolksWagen Jetta defeat a Ford Focus at a dragstrip lately.
That's pretty common. Both of those cars are about evenly matched, and they're both pieces of shit. Nothing special at all about that win.

You will kill the tundra. No doubt at all.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Dude, you should be able to smoke a Tundra. A buddy of mine has a Seqouia with the same 4.7 in it and it's a dog.
:rck:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Josh Brown said:
He gloated?
Course he did. Silly boy trying to mess with an f-body. I would have laughed at him too. ;)

Ohh, my money is on you taking out the Yota.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.