DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in an anti-dodge community and absolutely love it. Many of my friends talk highly of their trucks(chevys) and poorly of a dodge and would like to know what i have on my hands if i am ever challenged. My friend has a 95', i believe, with the 350. What do you think about that and what about a reg cab chevy with the 5.3. I have a reg cab 2x4 hemi.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Both being stock the Hemi will smoke that year of Chevy.
The later 5.3L have close to 300HP. Chevys are lighter
than Dodges. Even a late model RC/SB Chevy with the 5.3L
would give you a good race but the hemi should prevail. Gears
play a big part in all of this as well.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have 3.92's and a 5-speed. I have driven a 05' chevy with 4.10's and it felt quick but i honestly dont think it is faster, but pretty damn close. I would hate to get beat by an assbag that isnt stock because i would honestly never hear the end of it.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The 95 TBI 350 you'll wax, no contest! I had a 95 Silverado and while the TBI 350 is a good sturdy engine, it's not for racing. It's only rated at 200 hp and 300 tq so no problem there. The 5.3L is a different animal, alot of Hemi Ram owners underestimate them. They make good power and rev high, not much on the low end. Again, I know because I had a 00 Silverado with a 5.3L in it. That will be a good race unless it's a 99, they were the slowest of the newer body style trucks. The 02-03's trucks seem to be quicker than the 00-01's even though the 5.3L's were all rated at 285 hp. In 04-05 they went up to 295 hp. Good luck!
Jim

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
moose, you need to set up a signature. It helps us
understand better what you can/can't beat.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do ramman. Thanks

·
Silverado SS
1,154 Posts
my dad has a 94 4x4 with the 350 and i'm sorry to say it's about the slowest truck i have driven. However, his 90 2 wheel drive with a 350 is a pretty quick truck...or at least it was before the 223,000 miles on it. I could never talk him into racing it though, so not sure of the quarter time.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I've got a 2004 QC Hemi Ram . . . can I beat a midget on a tricycle?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the midget has a baseball card in his spokes, probably not. However, if he has a basket and bell that will add weight, so good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mad Titan said:
I've got a 2004 QC Hemi Ram . . . can I beat a midget on a tricycle?
Ok, that was really funny :thatfunny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.