Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
fish on
2,132 Posts
i will let someone eles try it out first :D

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
The MOTOBLUE™ Under-drive Crank Pulley adds 12.7 HP and 19.0 ft/Lb Torque, and increase mileage by 2 to 3 MPG

i find that very hard to belive for some reason...

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
Teh ASP underdrive pulley for the 4.7L is a 25% underdrive and it does make a differnece with PEPPYNESS.... it rev's quicker without a doubt. I have had ZERO electrical issues with it... and I have had it well over 2 years. The reason they cost so much is because your stock pulley is attatched (ONE PEICE) to your ballancer... so you get both a PULLEY and a NEW BALLANCER.

IMPO its a Good mod.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

I think its a GREAT mod for you HEMI guys.

·
11 seconds or BUST!!!
260 Posts
I have the MotoBlue pulley going in my truck on friday. I'll be posting up my findings once I get it on and get to the track. I'm going ot dyno it if I can. Also I'll be checking alternator draw with all of the acessories on. RPM Outlet and I worked out a "deal" ;) so I could do this. A very, very, nice deal.

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
I'm interested to see the results. I assume a new serpentine belt will be required as well. Does the pulley come with it or do you have to try and figure out which one to use?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sounds interesting.

I'm looking forward to hearing more on the subject.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
ColtSteele said:
I have the MotoBlue pulley going in my truck on friday. I'll be posting up my findings once I get it on and get to the track. I'm going ot dyno it if I can. Also I'll be checking alternator draw with all of the acessories on. RPM Outlet and I worked out a "deal" ;) so I could do this. A very, very, nice deal.
Let me know if they want to give a "deal" to another hemi (minus the nitrous.)

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
ColtSteele said:

What do you mean A very very very nice deal? How much, give it up!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
its not a bad price on the pulley. As Nick said, you also get a balancer with it. While I dont have any aftermarket electrical stuff on my ride, Im still wanting to see some Altenator output numbers... Also, The Belt question was a valid one. Will the tensioner compensate for the slack of the smaller pulley or will we be looking at a new belt?

·
11 seconds or BUST!!!
260 Posts
To answer some of the questions:
The pulley and harmonic balancer is an all in one unit. It seems to be a very high quality part with a nice finish.

You do have to get a new belt. I went with the NAPA Micro V belt. The p/n for the belt from NAPA is 060988.

I also bought a replacement crank bolt from the dealer, p/n 6506340AA.

I'll have updates as th eweekend progresses once it's on tomorrow and as long as the weather clears up.

Sorry, can't say on the deal... part of the deal ;) Don't want to mess anything up for my buddy.

Later
CS

·
Registered
42 Posts
Coltsteele, why do you have to replace the crankshaft bolt?, different in lenght?.

·
11 seconds or BUST!!!
260 Posts
You don't have to but it is a torque to yield bolt and Motohead (HTC.com) replaced his when he did his cam swap and suggested that it wsn't a bad idea. It's more precautionary to make sure you don't cause any probs with the internal threads. It was only $3 so it's worth it.

·
RamFever
601 Posts
Looks like that was a one time deal, if the results are good maybe there should be a group buy started because I would definitely be interested in buying one.

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
Hey Colt, any updates?

·
Registered
85 Posts
From what I've seen $280 looked to be a good price. If there is a group buy; I'd be interested.

·
11 seconds or BUST!!!
260 Posts
I haven't been to the track or on the dyno yet but I can tell you the truck revs quicker and feels "peppier" especially in 1st. From a standstill the truck seems to get through 1st and into 2nd noticeably quicker. Butt dyno says nice BUT I don't trust it and will not. I'll call it a good mod- but will wait for some dyno time to speculate on hp.

I let the truck idle for about 10-15 minutes in the same way as before, ac on high, stereo wide open, headlights on and the gauges were the same. (I have a pic of the gauge cluster the first time I did it.) My buddy has a radar detector that checks volts- we did a test with his in the same condition as mine, all accessories on, tranny in drive with the beake holding her back. His truck dipped to 12.9v and mine got to 12.3. I turned my stereo up, started bumping and the voltmeter got to 11.9 so there is about a 1 v drop but a quick tap of the gas would jump up to 12.9-13. No worries at all.

As for install- much easier than what the directions call for. They say to remove fan, drain coolant, remove shroud, etc. He said he had to move the overflow- that's it. And that was to only keep from breaking it. That was to loosen the belt. He said he did the rest from underneath. Loosent the crank pulley bolt, then used a 3 jaw puller. Put the motoblue pulley on and then put the belt back on. One thing to note- the new pulley is a 6 groove, the stock one is a 7. So, when you put the new 6 rib belt on line it up to the back of the other accessories on the belt. If you put it on the front it will not line up properly. (I hope you understand what I'm saying. If not I'll get a pic, then you'll see.)

More info to come.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
I'm talking to a guy who's selling them for about $275 shipped. If we got a group signed up it might get better...

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
sgrizzle said:
I'm talking to a guy who's selling them for about $275 shipped. If we got a group signed up it might get better...
starting to get interested.....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sounds ok,

But why didn't Motoblue put out a seven ribbed pully if this one was originally for the Hemi? And if not who'd they design it for?

Not picking at tidbits just wondering if the correct ribbed pully would make up the difference in lost voltage saving unnecessary concerns or additional mods down the road.

Astral

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.