DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemi Swap

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  05DodgeDakota 
#1 ·
I currently have the 5.9 Magnum engine and I was curious how hard it would be to swap for the 5.7 Hemi? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
..do a search on yellowkota, he did a swap in a Dak..I believe it requires the hemi wiring harness and ecu as well...maybe even the tranny. what tranny do you have? my brother in law is going to do the same thing in his 5.9 Dak too..

#3 ·
I'll have to look into that. I'm not too good mechanicly but a buddy of mine is and my dad thought it would be a fun little project. I always wished I had bought the truck with a Hemi.

#7 ·
Too bad I can't trade you for that 5.9. It's a forgotten jewel.

Swap the cam, heads, intake, and valvetrain....and scare the crap out of Chevy owners that think you brought a knife to a gun fight.:secret2:

With the jetting dialed in, the power pulls confirmed that this parts selection put major firepower in the basic Magnum package, with 448 hp recorded at 5,800 rpm and 435 lb-ft of torque coming to bear at 4,900 rpm. The cam, heads, intake, and valvetrain package was worth a staggering 129 hp on the stock Magnum mill. For us, that is a righteous gain for a well-selected assortment of out-of-the-box aftermarket parts on a stock production engine. Far from a raucous and unruly combination, the modified engine idled easily at 850 rpm with 12 in-Hg of manifold vacuum, a level that is right at home in a street-driven machine. With output like this ready for the taking, it might be worth considering giving Magnum power a home in your Mopar machine. --Mopar Muscle
But hey, I can't stop ya if you want a Hemi. Stay the course and go get a piece of the legend.

#10 ·
Well lets see, I've done the exhaust and intake, and I was considering shorty headers. So apparently I should look into cams and what else? I really just wish I had gotten the HEMI lol, ohh well my next RAM will have it.

#11 ·
You can have that 360 stroked out to a 408 and make some big HP. Check out KRC's 408's. Plus it'd be cheaper. I think it would still be nasty to have a hemi though lol

#13 ·
There is custom tuning for the 5.9. When you think about it, the 5.9 is nothing more than the old 360 LA that has been updated for better performance. The 5.9 Magnum was held back in trucks because it was more important to have good torque than alot of horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.