Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some opinions here.....

I've got a Ram 2500 Diesel 6 speed manual. I bought it because I wanted a manual if I was only going to have 1 vehicle (I chose it over a SRT-10 RC because I need the extra room). Since then, I bought a 99 Viper GTS. Now I think I want an automatic for my daily driver (truck) since I live in traffic central Houston, not to mention I like quick vehicles and have gotten used to the power the Viper has. My stock diesel manual is very slow in comparison. I am not interested in modding the diesel to go faster.

So my question is: has anyone owned both a hemi QC and SRT-10 QC? If so, which one would you suggest I buy and why? Thanks in advance!

p.s. - I am only interested in 06 and up trucks. I will keep whatever I buy stock.

·
1,965 Posts
If gas isn't a concern i don't see any reason to not get the srt..

·
Registered
393 Posts
SRT!!!!! If you have the money get it!!!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
judging by the vehicles you have, and the 2 that you are looking at, money obviously isn't a problem. So why not get the SRT

lol....if only I could be in your predicament.

I remember who you are now. Do you need 4 wheel drive at all? Anyway 05 Laramie has both - a red 06 QC SRT-10 and a black 07 QC Sport

·
25HEMI00
1,064 Posts
uhhhh. the SRT is your best choice. There is absloutley no comparison in my mind. Just make sure u order the truck to match your viper!!!

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quietpeen said:
judging by the vehicles you have, and the 2 that you are looking at, money obviously isn't a problem. So why not get the SRT

lol....if only I could be in your predicament.

I remember who you are now. Do you need 4 wheel drive at all? Anyway 05 Laramie has both - a red 06 QC SRT-10 and a black 07 QC Sport
All my $$$ is my own doing, guess I shouldn't have gone to college for that degree..... ;)

Yep, it's me! I don't really NEED 4 wheel drive, no. I'm one of many who has 4x4 and rarely uses it, but I have.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
blk_fxstc said:
All my $$$ is my own doing, guess I shouldn't have gone to college for that degree..... ;)

Yep, it's me! I don't really NEED 4 wheel drive, no. I'm one of many who has 4x4 and rarely uses it, but I have.
apparently you went the the right college ;) :thatfunny

Then I say even more get the SRT....your car needs a big brother.

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
do you use the truck at all Eric? If not then why not get an SRT charger or 300C? I would say Hemi though because as you know I drive the 03 Hemi Quad cab and I get 20+ mpg on the highway without MDS so if you want to save some mpg on the road then go Hemi because the SRTs are pretty much single digits all the time. Not to mention road manners in the rain that are terrible. If you are looking at owning an SRT then z-man is who you want to talk to on here. He has or had both the single and quad at the same time. Seriously, the SRTs drink fuel but if you don't care then don't worry and get the SRT. Oh and I like the power that the Hemi has, I had plenty of power on the way to HRP this weekend. Plus with a 100 mile round trip, I didn't even use a quarter tank.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hell Ride said:
do you use the truck at all Eric? If not then why not get an SRT charger or 300C? I would say Hemi though because as you know I drive the 03 Hemi Quad cab and I get 20+ mpg on the highway without MDS so if you want to save some mpg on the road then go Hemi because the SRTs are pretty much single digits all the time. Not to mention road manners in the rain that are terrible. If you are looking at owning an SRT then z-man is who you want to talk to on here. He has or had both the single and quad at the same time. Seriously, the SRTs drink fuel but if you don't care then don't worry and get the SRT. Oh and I like the power that the Hemi has, I had plenty of power on the way to HRP this weekend. Plus with a 100 mile round trip, I didn't even use a quarter tank.
Yes Nick, I use the truck all the time, it is a must have. I already know how much Viper motors gulp fuel, you saw that on Saturday! :D

The fuel mileage is a big consideration right now, especially considering where gas prices are going. But I don't buy my vehicles based on fuel mileage alone, if not I wouldn't have a truck getting 14 mpg and a Viper getting something really low! :D

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Stay away from the SRT-10, go with a Hemi that will get better gas mileage (by almost double) and is cheaper to own, insure, and mod. My .02. ;)

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Srt10 Hands Down

·
I am Sean Connery...
4,789 Posts
Maybe wait until the small diesels come out for the 1500s next year? I'm with David. Go Hemi.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I can think of only one reason to choose a HEMI over a SRT and that is because you will need 4 wheel drive other than that get the SRT. If you can afford the SRT than more than likely you can afford the gas.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
500 horse automatic, full leather, 4 doors, uh.... yeah

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.