DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Noticed this today and just bout shat my pants, turning onto the street (engine was warmed up plenty) I stepped on the gas, RPM's jumped to approx 3500-3900 and the engine just about turned off or stalled, kept the pedal down and nothing, almost like it didn't want to shift gears. Came to a light, I laid into it and when it hit the same point, the same thing happened, nothing, wouldn't drop gears and felt like it was going to stall. Tow/Haul was off, same thing happens when I turn that on. Only Mods I've done is the exhaust and the Powerwire. I only have approx 2,500 KM's (1,560 Miles) on this 2.5 week old truck. Also sounds like the cat converter or something is pinging while I back up or rev the engine when at idle. Anyone have any suggestions re the Stall issues???? This is very very concerning at this point.

Could I have flooded the engine somehow?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seemed ok this morning, little sluggish but I filled the tank from half though.
Is that common to flood the engine even with it running and still driveable?

·
fish on
2,132 Posts
mine did the same thing at about 2k miles on the freeway fell right on its face but it has gone away

·
Registered
628 Posts
Power wire fools the PCM to dump more fuel into the cylinders...., wouldn't think that it would go so far as to cause it to stall...., maybe you just had bad gas or envious neighbors/ex-wife? Get a locking gas cap. Nice truck...., BTW. how are you gonna get that spare tire out if you need it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
lmao, fell right on it's face, that's a better way to describe what happened.
Been driving most of today and it still feels fine.

HTquint, there's room, it looks deceiving, but there should be plenty of room to get it out. You know now that you've mentioned that I should expect a flat... bugger, with my luck I wouldn't doubt it either :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.