DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't figured out how to start a pole so you experienced ones tell me how. Now since I don't know how to start a poll, just report in. Hemi owner's how many miles have you logged and did you have any problems? Me personally I have an '03 with 54,000 and have had no problems.

·
I'm Broke..
3,614 Posts
Got 14,500 miles on my 05. Only problem so far is faulty trailer light wiring.

·
Hemi4Me
488 Posts
42000 on my 04. No engine issues yet. :D

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
60 thousand miles, 30 thousand of them are turning 39.5's/38's

have o2 sensor problems, that's about it

·
Registered
476 Posts
my '06 has alil over 29 thousand on it, no problems whatsoever. I just added my flowmaster exhaust, so Im going to have a big grin on my face every time I drive my truck from now on. I couldn't be anymore pleased with my truck. Obviously I didnt buy it with the expectation of doin somethin like 40mpg lol. I enjoy my truck year round, but I especially enjoy in situations like I experienced last winter : I was out on a Sunday, real wicked bad snowstorm. Drivin up a snow covered road, cars and 4x2 trucks were skiddin off to the sides of the road due to lack of traction and then here I come in my big black Dodge just motorin up the hill like it was nothin. My truck felt like a rolling fortress. Definitely the best vehicle Ive ever owned thus far in my life, and I dont know if I will ever buy another car ever again. :rck:

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
umm my 04 has a tick over 13,500 and the only problems have been the dreaded broken clips, twice

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah Sgt. Bratwurst what clips? I was reading a post in 3G Ram general info and someone with a 3.7 has logged 140,000 miles. That is why I wanted to start this. I am still waiting on that Hemi Owner who has logged a million miles, uses no oil, drives it like he/she stole it, and the only problem is a hard pull in the front end either left or right depending on what side the gas station he/she is passing is on LOL. Seriously though, I would like to see some really "HIGH" numbers with little or no trouble reported. I think DC has some awesome engines, but the real life behind an engine is maintenance!

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
Well I was refering to the rear end clips and after I posted that I realized that you wanted motor info. Mine has been great, the only problem I have is the tick and that will be corrected really soon.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
EGR Restrictor plate for your CAI, that will take care of the tick.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Brian06QuadCab,

You can only correct it to a point. The Hemi is known for a valve train tick which actually is normal and hurts nothing. Other engines with similiar valve trains have ticks too such as Mustangs, and the LS1 Chevy engine. The tick is amplified if you install a CAI. I did not see a CAI in your signature so I am thinking your induction is stock. That being the case I would say you will have to live with it, could be a fix that I am not aware of though. If you have installed a CAI you can install a EGR restrictor plate to soften the tick.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well then I will have to do some more research before I decide on what kind of CAI I want to install, if any. You're correct, I'm running the stock induction with a K&N filter in the box. Rumble Bee 883 has a "old school" CAI on his truck and I may consider that setup for my truck as soon as he posts all pertinant info on it.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
My '04 has 27,000 and only had an 02 sensor go bad......thats it......Knock on wood!!! :whackit:

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
PatriotBlueHemi said:
EGR Restrictor plate for your CAI, that will take care of the tick.

Actually there is a case number associated with the tick. If you call Diamler Chrysler and ask about it and there is also a thread associated with this topic. What they are doing it replacing the exhaust valves, if I am not mistaken the valves are not think enough causing the tick. As soon as I get my new beehive springs I will have the warranty work done and the motor guy has agreed to also install my Mopar Performance cam at the same time free of charge.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
bmgamble said:
A whopping 10K after 18 months.....no problems at all.
damn u might actualy pass me up. It really helps when your truck sits at home all day

·
Up The Irons!
279 Posts
Almost 65K on my '04. No issues at all except a $36 outer tie rod end and one set of front brake pads and one set of tires, all at about 62K.

I was disgusted when I drove my neighbor's '02 1500 QC SLT and looked down to see....only 23K on the clock! He has a company truck so the Ram only moves on the weekends.

·
Hibernating
3,105 Posts
ssstclaire said:
damn u might actualy pass me up. It really helps when your truck sits at home all day
Doesn't it? If it weren't for the wifey taking the kid around all week, it'd sit more.....she doesn't like driving the truck since it was lifted....but that's just fine with me ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.