Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:

115K on my 04 QC Hemi, just replaced my battery, order my spark plug wires etc. Now I am not sure which direction I should go for spark plugs.

Copper vs Platinum vs Double Platinum vs Iridium

Champion or Bosch or NGK or something else

I've read so many conflicting stories and opinions I am not sure what to order. I buy all my parts online, either do the work myself or I use one of 3 mechanics I pay cash to install my parts for me.

What do you guys think given the age and mileage of my vehicle. I have heard that Platinum runs too hot, yet everyone makes Platinum plugs for the Hemi, some people say nothing but Iridium for best performance and lastly many are of the opinion that just get Copper Champions and call it a day.

I want good performance, mpg etc. who doesn't?

What do you think?

All opinions are great welcomed and appreciated! :worthy:

·
Takin' Care of Old Red
881 Posts
I put Champion Coppers back into my 05 when I changed them

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I put Champion Coppers back into my 05 when I changed them
That's what I used as well. I changed the stockers at about 70k. Pretty dramatic increase in mileage, and I'd say a little increase in power too.

BTW, got any pics of your truck? I've wanted to see the Off Road wheels on a Sport for a while now.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Anything more than a basic copper plug is a waste of money. I'm not a fan of Champion plugs (never bought a good one). Get a set of NGK 5306s.

As far as "everybody makes one" - everybody makes a slide-in camper that's too heavy, but they'll happily sell you one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know there are many out there who have great spark plug opinions who want to share!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
The hemi likes copper. Thats all I know. Iridiums made my truck run like shat. Its pretty common. As long as you get copper core plugs, you'll be fine. Top choices for me are Champion and NGK5306.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Champion Coppers in both my Hemi's. zero problems. Why change what works, and they are cheap.

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
Looking at my 2nd set of coppers here in the next 5 k miles. nothing more. tried platnums, lasted 25 k before noticable performance drop, put coppers back in and back to normal

·
Takin' Care of Old Red
881 Posts
Did you like them? Did you notice any changes good or bad?
Very good. They were long overdue. I changed them at about 85,000 miles and I think they were the originals. I noticed a huge gain in MPGs, which still sucked, lol, but much better than before and it just ran smoother overall. I had no problems with them for the next 10,000 miles or so when it got totaled

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Haven't had a problem with my NGK Iridium IX's in 30,000+ miles. I used them to try to avoid the every 30,000 plug change. We all know how fun it is for a hemi plug change. Checked them recently and still look new.

·
Redtruck-VA
2,758 Posts
I run Copper Champions without issues.

·
MADBRAD
1,155 Posts
At 35K I replaced mine with a set of Champion Irridiums. I bught them because I got them for 75% off at a Pep Boys store closure. The salesman claimed they are 100K mile plugs but I wont run them that long. The truck has ran well with them and its been almost 40K miles. As far as starting and performance they are the same as the factory champions.
In my opinion the high dollar plugs will just last longer and thats about it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Coppers are recommended. I went with the OEM Champions. Picked up at least 0.5 mpg since I changed them.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I am happy with the NGK 5306 in mine

·
Registered
46 Posts
i talked to a engine builder about my spark plugs in my 4.7 he said a good rule of thumb is to try to stay with what ever element the vehicle had weather it was paltiumn or copper but brand didnt really matter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.