DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Lol. You started out being a sceptic but now you're all in. Amazing what this site will do to a man. Believe it or not I was convinced that a TB spacer would be a great first mod. But after doing some research I found DT and learned that it would be worthless.
I tried bolt on TB spacer in my maxima cold air intake, exhaust. Honestly if you want real HP gains get a super,Turbo, stroker kit/cam, Nos or get a cummins

Easy bolt on stuff is a waste of money. I did start as a skeptic but it is a reasonable upgrade, one I don't need but if I get a good deal I will try it.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I tried bolt on TB spacer in my maxima cold air intake, exhaust. Honestly if you want real HP gains get a super,Turbo, stroker kit/cam, Nos or get a cummins

Easy bolt on stuff is a waste of money. I did start as a skeptic but it is a reasonable upgrade, one I don't need but if I get a good deal I will try it.
That's exactly what I'm building up to for my 4.7 is NOS, SC, or Turbo. I'm getting there slowly but it's too late to turn back now. I bought a set of heads for 500 and sent them out to Killian's get a competition valve job, back cut valves, p&p and beehive springs. I also have a brand new edge stall converter sitting in the garage waiting on me, and my heads are on the way. Now I just need time and get my tune dialed in.

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
don't forget about loosing vacuum (with the factory brakes) if you have a big cam. thats why i thought about putting hydro boost on my truck

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I think that is probably why I had my wreck in my truck. I had enough room to stop but I had that dang peddle to the floor and the truck just keep going and I was only done about 35-40 mph if that.
Hope this clears it up.

don't forget about loosing vacuum (with the factory brakes) if you have a big cam. thats why i thought about putting hydro boost on my truck
Yep, I still think that that assisted me in my wreck :( because I was not going that fast at all and had more than enough room to stop.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
All good points made here.

But if NOTHING else at all, if you did this conversion and had to change spark plugs later on, you will be thankful you did this when it comes to that rear drivers side valve cover.

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
All good points made here.

But if NOTHING else at all, if you did this conversion and had to change spark plugs later on, you will be thankful you did this when it comes to that rear drivers side valve cover.
x2. I can stand beside the truck drinking a beer and change the plugs with one hand.

·
Bye bye 3rd Gen
1,651 Posts
Fasthemiram05 just pointed me here. Interesting.....

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Should be picking up a hydrobooster complete with matercylinder and 3 hoses for $150 on friday. Will update you all if I get it.

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
Cool!

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I need to quit being lazy and install mine. I'm sure it will make swapping my heads a lot easier.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well so much for getting the hydrobooster. Went to go pick it up yesterday. Get there and the guy had just the hydrobooster setup. I said where are the 3 hoses we agreed on. He oh that is going to be another $30. He said the hoses are attach. I said no those are not hoses those are the metal lines and it is on two of those :). I said you know what the hoses are. So he walked over and picked up the 3 hoses and said yeah these will be another $30. Yes it was only $30 but I am man of my word. So I walked off and will find another even if it is higher.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.