DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hardly anyone read this the first time I posted it, so i will try again. The lights behind my gauges are out. Not one, but all. The odometer, and overhead CPU still light up. I have checked fuses. Any Ideas?

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Bad dome light switch/rheostat

·
HEMI
916 Posts
my dash lights went out the speedo from 0 - 30 went dim and the temp went dim the lighting behind the light switch went completly out. funny enough one night i got pissed cuz of the dash light problem so i smacked the dash right over the steering wheel and the speedo cam back on since but the temp goes dim once a while and the light switch is out comes once once a while. god i HATE electrical problems. ahhh oh well time to bust out the DMM well one of these days :D

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection on one of the connectors in the dash.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I would check the rheostat. According the the MM, the lights are independent for the most part. The only common component is the rheostat that controls dimming. it doesnt control the other items that you mentioned are fine, like the blinkers and warning lights.

What about the radio?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an in dash DVD player, not the factoryradio, but it works fine. Rheostat????

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem fixed. Pulled the switch behind the rheostat...still didnt come on. Went and pulled all possible fuses and put em back in and they were on. Weird, but at least it works now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.